Leaking Freedom Top Roof (3-PieceTop) on the 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Leaking Freedom Top Roof (3-PieceTop) on the 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #16
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

My freedom top leaks. My YJs soft top leaked. Even the doors on my XJs leaked. It happens

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
NoChromeJK07
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I traded in my 2007 Sahara JK that never had a leak in the 3 way freedom top. That roof was on and off a hundred times - Great Jeep. I went for the 2013 Sahara Unlimited - Rugged Brown with Saddle Tan as the kids were getting older and single dad with kids needs room. So back to the leaks - Bought June 27 2013 and payed a good chunk of change for this brand new jeep. Today, August 1st 2013 I wake up to a puddle in the sunglass holder, water dripping down the Nav Console. I parked the Jeep on a 15% incline over night and we had rain but not a huge down pour. Cleaned the water up before leaving for work. I get to the first red light and apply the brakes and a nice stream of water comes down through the join of the front panels. Drive by the dealer on the way to work and they say i have to wait for there weather proofing guy next week to look at it. I assume like others i will need new seals. Not impressed with the service lady i dealt with either. Looks like a wet weekend ahead so towel will be going in the jeep!
NoChromeJK07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
barnettd

Wet

Roger,
Every now and then mine will leak some water as you described. I re-seat the panels and it is fine. I have an 08 JKU.
Probably just a bad seal on yours since you've had one before and know what to look for.
I had a big leak at the back window when it was new... new seal under warranty and that has held up fine.
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #19
1wildwoman2
2013 JK Wrangler 

It really sucks to have a brand new Jeep leak. People say that Jeeps just leak..maybe old ones, but brand new ones should NOT leak. I didn't order and pay $40,000+ for my Jeep to leak. I had my Jeep to the dealership to fix the leak in the Freedom top. They said these leaking tops were going to be the death of them because they had a large number on the lot to be fixed. Anyway, The dealership took it in one of their bays and ran water over it for about 20 minutes, but couldn't get it to leak. I told them when driving down the road or in a car wash my Jeep would not leak. It only leaked AFTER it sat in my driveway which was on an incline. They sent me on my way and said to bring it back if it leaked again. I was not happy. I was back the next week. I told them they need to duplicate my case...have Jeep on incline, run water on it, then back down the incline to turn around and go down the incline and then drive on level ground. They have a place behind their dealership where they could duplicate my issue so then they went out back and duplicated the issue, the Jeep leaked. They found the factory had twisted the seal which is why my Jeep was leaking. They replaced the seal. It has been a little over two months since they replaced the seal and it hasn't leaked and we have had lots of rain. I wouldn't tolerate the rude service lady either. I am not sure what she is talking about "weather proofing" person. i didn't have any weather proofing person look at my Jeep. Go above her or even give her a bad write up if Jeep contacts you about your new Jeep. Keep after them...I know it is inconvenient, but you have too. Good Luck.
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

i notice every now and then if we get a very heavy rain that I will have one or two drips of water fall from right above the rearview mirror.. never amounts to anything so I haven't bothered getting it looked at.

I do understand the frusteration though, as You wouldn't expect something brand new to leak! If it gets worse i'll probably take it back and have it looked at if reseating the panels doesnt fix it.
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wildwoman2 View Post
I find it unacceptable for a new Jeep to leak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrb11 View Post
The whole "its a jeep they leak" arguement is bs if you ask me. I dont care what the vehicle is, no one pays $30k + to drive something that water leaks into period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wildwoman2 View Post
For a person to say it is a Jeep so expect it to leak is BS. Anyone who pays $30K+ and has the new Jeep leak needs to be hounding the dealership to get it fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddoch View Post
I haven't been to the dealership since I've owned the Jeep simply because I don't have time, but I find a leaky roof on a +30K vehicle unacceptable. "It's a Jeep" is not an excuse!

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.