Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

leaf srung jk

6K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  asf06 
#1 ·
not exactly, this started life as a 2000 3500 hd 2wd gmc. now after removing about 6 1/2 feet from the frame and tossing the dually axle. then throwing in some 63 inch long rear gm leafs and 56 inch long rear leafs up front. and a d60 front and d70hd rear and a propane 454 and i still need the adpters to install the 4l80e and np205. and it got some new 42 inch iroks and black steel wheels that will have beadlocks installed. my plan now with the cab is tomove the column over and cut the width i need for a jk width body is to cut off what i dont need off each side and the from front grille to back corner is to skin it with 1/8 inch steel. and cut in the door openings and wheel openings and build flares off that. i now have a jk hood and grille. it will have 4 door openings just like a unlimited. i must miss my old jk unlimited pretty bad.:dontknow2: i started this project months ago but couldnt get much done since i only had 1 double car garage, but since i moved i have 2 double cars. so now i can really get rolling. heres some pics to start .

it will be completly torn down when done and the frame and axles will be painted black and evrything else will be painted or cleaned.
it finaly a jk.

i got the sides of the cab and cowl cut down. to get ready to skin the sides and put a factory cowl and windshield frame on.

See less See more
#32 ·
Dude that thing is gonna be sick!!! Awesome creativity!! What are those original tires you had on there?

#34 ·
i deicided to move the axle back 2 more inches for a total of 101.5" compared to the stock 95.5". and i cut off more stock suspension mounts. and decided to clean the garage and the jeep.

heres where the wheel now sits out back, going to have to cut these wheelwells before i build tube fenders.

and some more of it kinda clean.

#37 ·
had to stay a weekend in vegas working, so i havent got as much done as i would like. but i picked up both front fenders and and the rear driver 1/4 panel just need to finish welding and fix the rocker and swap out the hood with one i got from ebay. this is only cosmetic, but its gotta look good as well.

#46 ·
Awesome, just awesome man.

#47 ·
haha now i can't hate on JKs because of coils

the one ton jeep the easy way. keep this away from flatlander

dude that thing is easily my favorite "JK" ever. nice job on the build. are you going auto or manual?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.