Kyle08JK's 2dr Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Kyle08JK's 2dr Build

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #16
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do you know how much lift that kit gave you? I have an RK 2.5 max travel kit sitting in my garage waiting for work weather to install. Still trying to work out for size to pair with it. I know you don't have a bump on there yet.

JugglingSuns120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #17
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingSuns120 View Post
Do you know how much lift that kit gave you? I have an RK 2.5 max travel kit sitting in my garage waiting for work weather to install. Still trying to work out for size to pair with it. I know you don't have a bump on there yet.
I have the same lift and would say it definitely lifts a fair amount if you don't have an weight. I think mine got around 4" front 3" rear before winch. Sagged down to about 3 and 2.5 by now
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Never took before measurements. If you name some points on my jeep you want me to measure, I'd be glad to.
Kyle08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #19
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Those tires and wheels look good. Can't wait to see the rest
Thanks. I wish the MT/Rs would have came through but I'm not disappointed in the deal that I got. You and me both though. Biggest iffy now is that this color combination works out.
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #20
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle08JK View Post

Thanks. I wish the MT/Rs would have came through but I'm not disappointed in the deal that I got. You and me both though. Biggest iffy now is that this color combination works out.
Yea I understand. As soon as the Jeep comes back I'm painting all the aluminum black
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Yea I understand. As soon as the Jeep comes back I'm painting all the aluminum black
You picked an awesome color for a JK. The black is definitely going to set it off. If mine ever travels down that same road, it will come out Electric Lime Green like the old TJs.
Unread 01-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #22
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

You picked an awesome color for a JK. The black is definitely going to set it off. If mine ever travels down that same road, it will come out Electric Lime Green like the old TJs.
That was my second choice in color. I chose my color because I've always wanted a car blue green since I was a kid
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #23
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Never took before measurements. If you name some points on my jeep you want me to measure, I'd be glad to.
Not too sure which measurements would help me decide how small a 33 would look on that lift. I am curious though the distance from top of tire to bottom of fender with it as it sits. Only really concerned with the front, the back seems much easier to fill out. I don't have a problem going to 35's but the regear will have to be put off for a little while (at least until I get a tax return) because I want to get a rear locker (at minimum) in when I do the gears.
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #24
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Not too sure which measurements would help me decide how small a 33 would look on that lift. I am curious though the distance from top of tire to bottom of fender with it as it sits. Only really concerned with the front, the back seems much easier to fill out. I don't have a problem going to 35's but the regear will have to be put off for a little while (at least until I get a tax return) because I want to get a rear locker (at minimum) in when I do the gears.
Well if you think of anything let me know and I'd be glad to help out. I'm at 7.5" from the top of my tire to the bottom lip of the front fender. If you need a reference of size, check out my earlier pictures after my lift install. They are 265/70s which aren't far from 33s. I am content with my 6spd and 35s but I am running the 93 octane tune on my Superchips 3780, for what it's worth.
Unread 01-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #25
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just got the bumper back from my powder coating guy. He did an awesome job and the color is exactly what I wanted so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow in the sun for you guys to get the full effect. Just noticed how much of a height difference there is between my jeep and my dd Cruze in the background.

-Ordered my stubby antenna from Antenna X

-Ordered windshield light brackets from Poison Spyder (will have them powder coated the same as the bumper)

-Ordered a set of Hella 500 Black Magics for the windshield. I know they aren't fancy schmancy LEDs but I like the look of circular lights and it's my Jeep

-Decided on an Engo EPF10000S which I'll purchase once my old tires sell
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #26
JugglingSuns120
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Well if you think of anything let me know and I'd be glad to help out. I'm at 7.5" from the top of my tire to the bottom lip of the front fender. If you need a reference of size, check out my earlier pictures after my lift install. They are 265/70s which aren't far from 33s. I am content with my 6spd and 35s but I am running the 93 octane tune on my Superchips 3780, for what it's worth.
Based on pics from your build and tanimals build I think I know the answer to my question. I think I am going to be wanting 35's. I am going to get the lift on and see how it looks to decide on tie size. Thanks for the measurement. Looking forward to seeing how the build progresses for you man.
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #27
medicjeeper90
2014 JK Wrangler 

Lookin good. Love that color. I like the wheels as well. They're subtle yet different from what you normally see on other jeeps.
medicjeeper90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #28
Kyle08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's been awhile guys.

Not much to update on but I guess I'll throw out a list and a recent picture

- Smittybilt XRC flares (powder coated charcoal grey)
- Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier (powder coated charcoal gray)
- Hella 500 Black Magic mounted on windshield
- Antenna X stubby installed
- Received my led rock lights from the china man
- Ordered the ebay 50" LED bar. Just waiting on JCR's brackets to be finished.
- JCR deluxe sliders and Engo EPF10000S coming soon in preparation for this summer

Unread 03-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #29
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

jeeps still looking good, and i like the powder coat color choice!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.