Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #76
connie
2008 JK Wrangler 

There are two outlets, one that is wired that is on all the time, the one on the right , the other is on the left.it shuts of with the key, you can use that one for anything because it is off when your trying to use your remote so it works fine. it only effects the remote in the ac outlet on the right that stays on. You don't need your stuff when your not in the vehicle so just switch it or unplug it when you exit the jeep and plug it back in when you get in.

connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #77
carnut08
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
There are two outlets, one that is wired that is on all the time, the one on the right , the other is on the left.it shuts of with the key, you can use that one for anything because it is off when your trying to use your remote so it works fine. it only effects the remote in the ac outlet on the right that stays on. You don't need your stuff when your not in the vehicle so just switch it or unplug it when you exit the jeep and plug it back in when you get in.
Correct, except....I don't have anything plugged in and I have exactly the same symptoms you described.

I have remote start. I wonder if you or the others who have remote start are the only ones that are experiencing this issue.
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #78
PhatJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut08 View Post
I wonder if you or the others who have remote start are the only ones that are experiencing this issue.
Don't have remote start or any electrical accessory in the Jeep. This means no CB radio. May be the cell phone and that's it.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="White"][B]09 Unlimited Rubicon [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Teraflex 2.5" spring lift kit
ORFAB tire carrier
PhatJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #79
jimmyzwheelz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
Ok! ready for this one?? Took the jeep in today, the said that the ionizer that I keep in the ac outlet is interfering with the keyless entry! The remote works when I do not have plugged in and as soon as I plug it in it wont work. They said there are many things that interfere with remotes. So if you have anything plugged in to those such as battery charger for cell phone, I have ionizer to keep the air fresh, I can still use it just not when I want to lock the doors. Let me know if this works for you...
Connie, thank you for this information! Mine was doing the same thing. I unplugged the charger for my iPod and haven't had any trouble since (knock on wood). Most excellent advice to a frustrating situation!

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyzwheelz; 01-13-2010 at 03:18 PM..
jimmyzwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #80
FatBuoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzwheelz View Post
Connie, thank you for this information! Mine was doing the same thing. I unplugged the charger for my iPod and haven't had any trouble sense (knock on wood). Most excellent advice to a frustrating situation!

Jimmy
Yep! Day seven and counting here...

I should still take it to the dealer with the charger plugged in to see if THEY can figure it out... Wish I had the time to burn. Man, if I were retired I would jack with everyone!

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #81
carnut08
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
Yep! Day seven and counting here...

I should still take it to the dealer with the charger plugged in to see if THEY can figure it out... Wish I had the time to burn. Man, if I were retired I would jack with everyone!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can go weeks that way and then one day it happens again. Items plugged in may be part of the problem, but I don't have any plugged in and I have the problem.
Unread 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #82
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I just unplugged my charger and I will see if it happens....

I do have my cb wired into that outlet so I guess we will see...

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #83
FatBuoy

Two weeks and counting with no hiccups!

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Unread 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #84
jimmyzwheelz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Same here...working great since unplugging the charger! WooHoo!!

Jimmy
jimmyzwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #85
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I unplugged the charger from there and it has only done it once since the 12th.

much better than 2 or 3 times a day

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 01-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #86
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

right after I posted that I tried to start the jeep and it isn't working

so 2 times since the 12th

boooooooooo

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #87
carnut08
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
Two weeks and counting with no hiccups!
Means nothing. Mine hasn't done it since I first posted. Nothing plugged in now or then. It's totally random. It WILL happen again.
Unread 01-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #88
FatBuoy

Quote:
Means nothing. Mine hasn't done it since I first posted. Nothing plugged in now or then. It's totally random. It WILL happen again.
Well MY glass is half FULL!

I told the dealer about it since he got my new module in. He's just going to keep it there with my name on it in case it rears its ugly head again.

Unread 01-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #89
carnut08
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just checking in to report that the problem happened again today. Jeep would not respond to my remote. My wife's remote worked fine. Once her remote worked, mine did too.

This has to be a known problem. Too many have reported the same situation.
Unread 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #90
victorgator

I've got the same problem in my '09 Sahara with remote start. Intermittant, with no rhyme or reason when it will happen.

Nothing plugged in to the accessory. It happened twice today. Had to use the key to get in both times with the alarm blaring until I could get the key in the ignition.
victorgator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , keyless entry , problems , troubleshoot , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.