Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ?

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Reply
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #46
connie
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 12
Ok guys, I had module replaced keys replaced and antenna, it was fine after the antenna for a day...now its not working again WTF this will be the 6th time back to dealer. What is left to replace???????

connie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #47
yippie21
Member
 
yippie21's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Arlington, TEXAS
Posts: 471
It happened to me this weekend. I bought this 09 Unl Jk Sah slightly used.. it has remote start ( had not idea this was an option).. I was showing my sister what it would do ( it was cold out )... and it wouldn't respond. First time in a week of driving it and using this.

So I unlock the jeep with the key and the alarm goes off of course. I turn the ignition on and the alarm thankfully stopped.

So, I agree, it has to be a grounding problem OR the computer actually is forgetting the assigned fobs in a case by case basis. I'm leaning towards something is corrupting the fob recognition module ( brain ) and it completely ignores the fobs until the key is inserted into the ignition. Weird.
__________________
'79 CJ7
'09 JK Unlimited Sahara ( sold )
'97 TJ (sold )
yippie21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #48
connie
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 12
I contacted jeep headquarters, they are calling my garage to talk with them, I am taking the jeep in tomorrow and I will let yoy all know what they find again. I agree it is like it wond remember the code. I don't understand why once it it parked in my garage it then never works? I have wondered if my garage door opener remote has anything to do with it? It is operated my remote?
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #49
connie
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 12
Do you have a remote garage door opener? Mine has a security on it that is called a decoder, I really am leaning towards the idea that it has something to do with it. The person who had the Jeep prior had no garage, had no problem. I go to the dealer they make it work perfectly, and boom as soon as I get it home in the garage, it stops...
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #50
FatBuoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
Do you have a remote garage door opener? Mine has a security on it that is called a decoder, I really am leaning towards the idea that it has something to do with it. The person who had the Jeep prior had no garage, had no problem. I go to the dealer they make it work perfectly, and boom as soon as I get it home in the garage, it stops...

Still waiting on my module, but wanted to give you feedback on the garage door opener thought. I have one, but never use it. And it doesn't matter if I'm near my garage, at a store or in the boonies....there is no rhyme or reason as to when it does it. I would be curious to know how many Jeeps are doing this. My assumption is not many since we don't hear about it much on the forums...or maybe people on the forums don't gripe much.
__________________
Black Rubi JKU with a rompin' stompin' 6.1 magnuson supercharged hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #51
carnut08
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
Still waiting on my module, but wanted to give you feedback on the garage door opener thought. I have one, but never use it. And it doesn't matter if I'm near my garage, at a store or in the boonies....there is no rhyme or reason as to when it does it. I would be curious to know how many Jeeps are doing this. My assumption is not many since we don't hear about it much on the forums...or maybe people on the forums don't gripe much.
Mine behaves exactly as you describe.

By the way there are tons of posts here and elsewhere going all the way back to when the first 2007s were delivered. This has to be a known issue that hasn't been resolved.
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #52
connie
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 12
Taking it in today, called Jeep headquarters, they called me back, they said they will be using tech help with the dealer to diagnose the problem, they with also start a case as unresolved issue, which alerts the district to also come out to the dealership to help resolve the issue. I asked if they have ever had this case before, they said not herd of any to this nature.LOL of course they haven't....This seems to be a problem as we can read here. I will post when I get the Jeep back let you know what they find. Good luck on the module, did not work for me, well for one day it did.....
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #53
mattman8706
Web Wheeler
 
mattman8706's Avatar
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 4,558
yessss let us know what happens.

Mine wouldn't lock yesterday until I started it and turned it off. :
__________________
-Matt

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #54
carnut08
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
Taking it in today, called Jeep headquarters, they called me back, they said they will be using tech help with the dealer to diagnose the problem, they with also start a case as unresolved issue, which alerts the district to also come out to the dealership to help resolve the issue. I asked if they have ever had this case before, they said not herd of any to this nature.LOL of course they haven't....This seems to be a problem as we can read here. I will post when I get the Jeep back let you know what they find. Good luck on the module, did not work for me, well for one day it did.....
Thanks for staying with this issue! You might want to refer the people at Jeep headquarters to this thread! It is obviously a fairly widespread issue that needs to be addressed.
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #55
connie
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 12
Ok! ready for this one?? Took the jeep in today, the said that the ionizer that I keep in the ac outlet is interfering with the keyless entry! The remote works when I do not have plugged in and as soon as I plug it in it wont work. They said there are many things that interfere with remotes. So if you have anything plugged in to those such as battery charger for cell phone, I have ionizer to keep the air fresh, I can still use it just not when I want to lock the doors. Let me know if this works for you...
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #56
carnut08
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
Ok! ready for this one?? Took the jeep in today, the said that the ionizer that I keep in the ac outlet is interfering with the keyless entry! The remote works when I do not have plugged in and as soon as I plug it in it wont work. They said there are many things that interfere with remotes. So if you have anything plugged in to those such as battery charger for cell phone, I have ionizer to keep the air fresh, I can still use it just not when I want to lock the doors. Let me know if this works for you...
Thanks for the feedback!

Let me make a prediction. The problem will recur at some point even if the ionizer isn't plugged in. I've had the same issues....nothing, NOTHING is plugged in.

Please let us know what you experience, and thanks again for posting!
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #57
MacK
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dagsboro, Delaware
Posts: 3,079
If you're interested in lemon law, it does apply for vehicles that were bought used, instead of a lemon, a warranty law covers you. You could win $1000+ from Chrysler. If the dealership fails to fix the same thing more then three times in a row, you should contact a lawyer. I used Lemonlaw.com and I go to court with Chrysler in March for a leaky top.
__________________
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #58
nwbronco
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 1,244
It's all RF at a low power folks. The list is long on what could cause this. Cell phone on your hip, bluetooth in your ear. Laptop in suspend mode on your shoulder. Cordless phone in the charger. Wireless network you have in the house. Police scanners. Your CB radio. An after market alarm system. The guy's parked next to you alarm system. Any remote sensors in play. The only time mine has failed was parked under a wireless camera in a Kohl's parking lot. All that needs to happen is the measly power the remote transmits be interrupted.(see above). And, it would not function until I started the rig.

I hold my remote in my hand with my arm fully extended. And in my right hand. My cell, bluetooth, and anything else that radiates RF, is on my left side.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
carnut08
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
It's all RF at a low power folks. The list is long on what could cause this. Cell phone on your hip, bluetooth in your ear. Laptop in suspend mode on your shoulder. Cordless phone in the charger. Wireless network you have in the house. Police scanners. Your CB radio. An after market alarm system. The guy's parked next to you alarm system. Any remote sensors in play. The only time mine has failed was parked under a wireless camera in a Kohl's parking lot. All that needs to happen is the measly power the remote transmits be interrupted.(see above). And, it would not function until I started the rig.

I hold my remote in my hand with my arm fully extended. And in my right hand. My cell, bluetooth, and anything else that radiates RF, is on my left side.
Sounds logical. BUT

How do you explain the fact that every time it happens to me, my wife's key works?????

There's something odd and unique about the JK that is unlike any other vehicle I own (4).

This is an issue that is several years old. It's time it got resolved.
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #60
sonoran_Tj
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX/Tucson, AZ
Posts: 387
Take the doors off.

It is a Jeep after all
__________________
KF7EZG

White Jeep Club #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes97 View Post
Rifles are part science and part voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
I remember when I killed my first zombie, I stood there for a good 30 seconds waiting for this weird voice to say "HEAD...SHOT", I was kind of bummed then nothing happened. :)
sonoran_Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
JK Wrangler , keyless entry , problems , troubleshoot , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.