Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Keyless entry acting up ? What is going on ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #31
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeeper View Post
Wow. That's informative. Unfortunately no dealer in the country will perform warranty work unless they actually see the problem. The whole point of this thread is the problem is intermittent, and can not be replicated in the dealer's lot.
Well, I guess you're screwed then. Good luck!

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
TJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Well, I guess you're screwed then. Good luck!
Are you actually old enough to drive, or are you just an *sshole?
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #33
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Are you actually old enough to drive, or are you just an *sshole?
Hey, I tried to offer some advice, which you chose to piss on.....so....good luck!
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #34
TJeeper

Quote:
Hey, I tried to offer some advice, which you chose to piss on.....so....good luck!
Quote:
Your vehicle is not working normally. Make the dealer fix it, or get on with lemon law related activities.
Explain to me what part of what you said is useful advice. Like I said, no dealer will perform warranty work unless they see the problem.
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #35
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Explain to me what part of what you said is useful advice. Like I said, no dealer will perform warranty work unless they see the problem.
After post #32? No thanks. Solve your own problem.

If you treat everyone trying to help you with the same attitude, I can see why a dealer isn't going out of its way to help you either.
Unread 12-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #36
FatBuoy

Oh stop it you two, am I going to have to get your father?

So I took mine to the dealer yesterday. This thread reminder me of how fed up I am and I have off work for a few days. What do you know, it acted up in front of them! He took my key inside the shop somewhere and came out saying the tester they use to see if the key is emitting a signal indicated the key was malfunctioning. I told him it didn't matter which key I used. Sooo...he ordered two new keys that should be in today. I am very skeptical though. It seems that it would be very coincidental that both keys are having this erratic behavior. I expressed my skepticism and he said, "Lets start there. If it's still malfuncioning we will check other areas." Well you know what's going to happen. It will work fine until I get home! Hahaha! I'll keep you all posted.

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 04:56 AM   #37
connie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Remote keyless entry

The dealer called me back yesterday and said there is documentation with Jeep to replace the antenna on the passenger door. So I am taking the jeep back to the dealer for the 5th time and now having the antenna replaced the is for the RKE.....Let you know what happens. Your right though, it is intermittent, I take it in it the have replaced my keys, my WCM, and now antenna. But as soon as I go to get in it again after leaving the dealer it doesn't work. It did work standing in front of it yesterday.....But then it snowed on the Jeep and it did not work. It is almost like the antenna it not getting the signal. So sick of going back to the dealer. How does that lemon law work? I bought this 2008 with 6400 miles on it 3 weeks ago from a dealer. Still has 2 years of warranty. Does it only apply to new cars? I will have been to the dealer 5 times after today.
connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #38
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

mine is doing the same thing.

someone figure it out because it is so annoying.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #39
FatBuoy

So I picked up my two new keys today and they take it in back to program them. He comes out 30 minutes later and says it's the receiver module. I knew it wasn't the friggin keys but you have to let things run their course. New module ordered. I'll update this after it's all installed and programmed. Fingers, toes, nuts crossed...

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Unread 12-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #40
carnut08
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm starting to think this is a known bug with no specific cure.

My '09 Rubi started doing it almost from day one. The funny thing is it took me a while to discover that when my key wouldn't work, my wife's would....every time.

Additionally I discovered that once I got in and started the Jeep, my key would work....every time. It would continue to work fine for a while and then the process would repeat.

These things use some sort of rolling code algorythm. Right now my guess is that my key probably gets the buttons pressed in my pocket and perhaps the code rolls to an unexpected code and the Jeep won't respond.

Due to the fact that I've seen so many threads on the subject dating all the way back to 2007, and due to the fact that the solution has yet to be documented, I'm just going to live with the inconvenience for now.
carnut08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #41
connie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Remote Keys Now Workin!!!!

I went to dealer to now have antenna replaced, it did nothing for the problem, so they ripped out the dash to trace the wire it had been located in a area with obstruction and a solder that was preventing it from receiving the signal. It works great now. It is simply the wire placement from the antenna.!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by connie; 12-29-2009 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: correct spelling
Unread 12-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #42
FatBuoy

Nice! Now was yours working erratically, or not at all? Mine either works or doesn't. When it works I can be a good distance away and indoors. That leads me to believe it's not an obstruction but a complete malfunction.

Unread 12-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #43
rennypogo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Most electrical and electronic problems are results of bad grounds.I would check to make sure I had a good ground on the module.Hope you find your problem.
rennypogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
connie
2008 JK Wrangler 

mine was erratic, and from all different distances and depending if the jeep had snow on it or rain, I was crazy.
Unread 01-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #45
fleck
2009 JK Wrangler 

So is it the module?? or the antenna ?? or both ??

Tags
JK Wrangler , keyless entry , problems , troubleshoot , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.