KBeran's JK Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > KBeran's JK Build

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

KBeran's JK Build

It's been a long time coming but here is my official Jeep build thread. (Sorry for the non-HD quality photos, I took almost all of them with my phone)

I picked up the Jeep in July of 2007, 07 Sahara Unlimited in automatic with both tops.

(note* this picture was taken with my laptop, the jeep logo is backwards)

Mods #1 & 2: 15% tint and debadging

(note* this picture was taken recently in Jan '10, not original wheels, tires, bumpers, etc.)

Mods #3, 4, & 5: Mopar bumpers, Warn 9.5Ti Winch, Rubi 17in wheels and tires

Mod #6: DIY Mesh grill

Mod #7: Superchips Flashpack - 93 octane tune

Mods #8, 9, & 10: D-rings, stickers, and Gibson Dual Exhaust

Mod #11: Gibson Dual Exhaust

The hardest part of installing the exhaust was removing the stock muffler system. We tried all sorts of lubricants, wrenches, hammers, blow torches, etc. on the stock exhaust but it wouldn't budge from either the hangers or where it is connected to the pipe from the engine.

It wasn't until we decided to bust out the electric saw that we began to see any results.

(note* my room mate with the saw, I insisted on safety first... ski goggles)

Victory!!!

Slid on the new gibson kit and adjusted the hangers to be straight before putting on the tips.

More to come...

Unread 06-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

i really like how that dual exhaust looks! how does it sound?

everything else looks good so far man,im gonna be watching this thread.
Unread 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

No Issues with the bumpers/winch with the stock suspension?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

The exhaust sounds amazing, it sounds like how the jeep should have come stock, well... maybe a little louder I have had zero problems with the stock suspension and the bumper and winch, fits great and rides well.
Unread 06-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kberan View Post
The exhaust sounds amazing, it sounds like how the jeep should have come stock, well... maybe a little louder I have had zero problems with the stock suspension and the bumper and winch, fits great and rides well.
Awesome. That's exactly the combo bumper/winch I want. I was debating on whether I should do the lift first, but then I'd need bigger tires, then custom rims, and I'd have to want til next summer to do the bumpers. Maybe I'll do them strait away.

Also that exhaust looks smooth...something else for me to think about...
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Mods 12 & 13 & 14

Mod 12 - Tuffy Security drawer

Mod 13 - IPF driving lights

The lights look great but I can't get them to work! I tapped them into the high beams as the directions said, installed the relay vertically, grounded two wires, and powered them directly from the pos node of the battery, but can't figure out why the lights arent getting power, not even the switch.

Mod 14 - Silvania Silverstar headlight bulbs
I have the driver side bulb installed but cannot reach the passenger side bulb with the airbox in the way. I can't remove the grill either because of my warn winch and bumper, so I guess I will have to just get up the motivation to remove the airbox to install the other bulb, unless anyone has any other suggestions.
Unread 06-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
yellow08jk
2008 JK Wrangler 

looks good.

The only issue I would have is that if you go rock crawling or hit hard trails you might smash those exhaust tips. I know my stock exhaust tip kept getting smashed.
yellow08jk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
BlackandBlue09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nice Jeep! I really like the duel exhaust.
BlackandBlue09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Mod 15 & 16 - Trek Top Fuel Mountain Bike and Saris bike rack

Mod 15 & 16 - Trek Top Fuel Mountain Bike and Saris bike rack - The rack is actually a few years old but I figured I could add it to the mod list, however I just purchased two yakima raptor bike racks and a yakima roof rack for my bikes because I cant stand not being able to use my tail gate with the bikes on the back. This new bike is a beeeeaaaassst! This is probably the first and last time this bike will ever be clean and spotless, what a shame.

Now, if I could only get these damn IPF driving lights to work... <sigh>
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow08jk View Post
looks good.

The only issue I would have is that if you go rock crawling or hit hard trails you might smash those exhaust tips. I know my stock exhaust tip kept getting smashed.
I'm not too worried about this because I don't plan on taking her rock crawling in the near future, atleast not until a lift kit and some bigger tires. But I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it, for now, I looove this exhaust
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Mod 15 & 16 - Trek Top Fuel Mountain Bike and Saris bike rack - The rack is actually a few years old but I figured I could add it to the mod list, however I just purchased two yakima raptor bike racks and a yakima roof rack for my bikes because I cant stand not being able to use my tail gate with the bikes on the back. This new bike is a beeeeaaaassst! This is probably the first and last time this bike will ever be clean and spotless, what a shame.

Now, if I could only get these damn IPF driving lights to work... <sigh>
Did you try going hot strait from the battery to the lights to make sure they work? Sounds like a bad relay.
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
Kberan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Did you try going hot strait from the battery to the lights to make sure they work? Sounds like a bad relay.
Negative... should I? And if so, I don't know how I would go about doing that with the wiring harness provided.
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #13
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Negative... should I? And if so, I don't know how I would go about doing that with the wiring harness provided.
lol too many threads asking your question now. I'll stick to the thread where you asked the question directly. I had this problem with my YJ and it turned out being a bad relay. Drove me nuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.