Just took a bunch of JK pics for you to drool over - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just took a bunch of JK pics for you to drool over

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 09-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #61
Fat_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj
I would hold judgement until the aftermarket has a chance at it for a year or two. I immediately wrote it off as too long to wheel. It's 6" longer than my Unlimited, yes that's a lot but not the end of the world. If they can find a way to flatten out the bottom some and armor it up, it might be formidable, with 37s, especially if they do something about the engine. Part of it is wheeling with 4, the kids usually ride shotgun with other club members, but you can't always count n that, and really like to have them with us, as the get older and bigger, sitting in the back of even the old Unlimited gets old.
YES! Exactly...

Well put. I WISH people would understand this! I guess many assume that offroading isn't a family sport. Me, I want my wife and son to be able to travel along, and have room for some bags too. I DRIVE my Jeep, so I need that space for luggage. I for one have been looking forward to the new Unlimited for JUST THIS REASON. I think you are ABSOLUTELY right that the aftermarket will handle any shortcomings this thing has.

And I ain't even gonna get into how formidable the package will (may) be if they ever get a chance to slap a CRD in it!

This thing, when equipped right, will be able to go 99% of the places a SWB Wrangler can go, AND a good bit of places that the SWB Wrangler CAN'T go. All this, and COMFORTABLY accomodating 4 or 5 AND their stuff.

No, I am NOT trying to say that the JK unlimited is the BEST JEEP EVER, but it is for many with a family, who love offroading, the TOTAL PACKAGE.

Sure, some may 'get groceries' with it, but please believe this thing is gonna be NO SLOUCH offroad.

I drive a TJ every day, and I do think it will go down as a true legend in the Jeep lineup. I love mine, and when I trade for the JK, I will miss the TJ. I will miss the 4.0 (unless CRD ) but good gawd this is far from the end of the world here.

Fat_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #62
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj
I would hold judgement until the aftermarket has a chance at it for a year or two. I immediately wrote it off as too long to wheel. It's 6" longer than my Unlimited, yes that's a lot but not the end of the world. If they can find a way to flatten out the bottom some and armor it up, it might be formidable, with 37s, especially if they do something about the engine. Part of it is wheeling with 4, the kids usually ride shotgun with other club members, but you can't always count n that, and really like to have them with us, as the get older and bigger, sitting in the back of even the old Unlimited gets old.
Something that can go through the rubicon stock is good enough for me.
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #63
Texas TJ

those are some nice pics man.

but i wanna see all the good stuff underneath

If it won't budge, get a bigger hammer, if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway.
Texas TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #64
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas TJ
those are some nice pics man.

but i wanna see all the good stuff underneath
actually, i took a bunch and they can be seen on my photo gallery. but, if there's something specific you were looking for, i might be able to get it for ya
wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #65
Stevebo

You dont happen to have any pics of a white one do ya????? Cant tell what it looks like one the crummy color thing on the jeep site....
Stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #66
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebo
You dont happen to have any pics of a white one do ya????? Cant tell what it looks like one the crummy color thing on the jeep site....
funny you should ask as that's the color i'm gonna be getting. but, unfortunately, i can't seem to find a single one anywhere
Unread 09-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #67
Stevebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
funny you should ask as that's the color i'm gonna be getting. but, unfortunately, i can't seem to find a single one anywhere
Dang! I loved white on all the other jeep, think I want to order white, but want to see it firt. There a small pic on this page:

http://www.quadratec.com/Showcases/2...es/default.php
Stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #68
Putnam Dan

OK can someone calculate the overall height of a JK rubicon, 37" tires and a 6" lift
Putnam Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #69
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam Dan
OK can someone calculate the overall height of a JK rubicon, 37" tires and a 6" lift
6" + (37" - 32")/2 + 72.3" = 80.8" = 6'9" = 205cm
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #70
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
6" + (37" - 32")/2 + 72.3" = 80.8" = 6'9" = 205cm
hey, that means i'll still be able to fit in the garage
Unread 09-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #71
JeepontheRocks
2002 WJ 

Nice pics WayofLife..

Im definately liking the Unlimited JK with a lift.. especially the white Tera one.

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeepontherocks-build-thread-1047298/"]My Build Thread[/URL][/CENTER]
JeepontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #72
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decision98TJ
Nice pics WayofLife..

Im definately liking the Unlimited JK with a lift.. especially the white Tera one.
you're very welcome and i agree, the tera one is definetly a looker.
Unread 09-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #73
KA5IVR

I saw my first JK today. I must admit that it looks better in person. Of course, I did not have my camera. I liked the gauges, but the seats were not comfortable.

It reminds me of the MB G Wagon. Prefect for all of you Soccer Moms out there. I think Jeep is about to lose some Market Share.
Unread 09-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #74
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA5IVR
I saw my first JK today. I must admit that it looks better in person. Of course, I did not have my camera. I liked the gauges, but the seats were not comfortable.

It reminds me of the MB G Wagon. Prefect for all of you Soccer Moms out there. I think Jeep is about to lose some Market Share.
really, you thought the seats weren't as comfortable? did you adjust the height of it unlike you can't in the tj now? after i did so that it would sit more like my cj does (up higher), i thought it was actually more comfortable. but hey, to each his own

as far as market shares go, i heard the same kind of rehtoric back when the tj was introduced. funny how some things never change
Unread 09-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #75
jack's jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
Oh, yeah, of course.

Germans had made great 4x4s during and after the war. I would take a Gelaendewagen over Jeep any day, sorry guys. Too bad they only have the upmarket version of it around here. And not a convertible..

Most popular 4x4s around the world are Defenders, Patrols, G-wagens, Land Cruisers (they still make them with SFA outside of U.S). Jeep is a very, very nice brand, and the new JK is great, but not that special as you make it sound.

P.S. Mmm.. G-wagen..
I've driven the G-wagon. We have em in the Canadian Forces. They're ok, little tippy, didn't feel as good as my old '99 Cherokee. Can't wait for a JK. Sorry, Jeeps rule!
jack's jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.