Just took a bunch of JK pics for you to drool over - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just took a bunch of JK pics for you to drool over

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #46
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
Sung by Bing Crosby.
Lay that pistol down, babe
Lay that pistol down
Pistol packin' mama
Lay that pistol down

Oh, drinkin' beer in a cabaret
Was I havin' fun
Until one night she caught me right
And now I'm on the run

Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #47
mauleskyrocket

Cab 76. You would make a great reporter for the LA Times or CNN. Very accurate interpretation of what I said. What a loser.
mauleskyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #48
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Cab 76. You would make a great reporter for the LA Times or CNN. Very accurate interpretation of what I said. What a loser.

You're pretty sensitive for someone that criticizes the efforts of another member to post over a hundred detailed pictures of various model/color JKs for no purpose other than to provide them for our viewing. He probably spent 2-3 hours taking those photos and the best you can say is "unexciting." Who's the loser??
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #49
mauleskyrocket

I think that is obvious. Since I don't know the poster, he cannot be unexciting ergo I must have meant the car. Do I need to repeat that more slowly.
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #50
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think that is obvious. Since I don't know the poster, he cannot be unexciting ergo I must have meant the car. Do I need to repeat that more slowly.
What are you talking about? I never said you said the poster is "unexciting." Apparantly I'm the one that needs to repeat my post more slowly. Here you go:

I'm surprised you're so sensitive in response to my post. Generally people that are critical of others that are just trying to be helpful and add information are fairly thick skinned. For instance, wayoflife probably spent 2-3 hours of his time to take over 100 photos of various JK models/colors, for no reason other than to post them on this board for appreciative members that have been eagerly awaiting additional/detailed photos of the JK. After he went through all this effort you have the gall to criticize his PHOTOS by calling them "unexciting." Wayoflife is not a professional photographer (as far as I know) and he was just trying to be helpful. Because of your thoughtless criticism it is you, not I that is the loser here.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #51
mauleskyrocket

You are either illiterate or just want to argue or both. No more responses to your posts from me. So post away!
Unread 09-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #52
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Waah, waah, waahh, I'm a whiny baby

I agree completely
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #53
wayoflife

dear lord this thread took on a life all its own
well, for those of you who don't like the jk or the pics i took, what can i say, don't buy one and don't look at the pics. last i checked, this is still america and you're free to do that
wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #54
Putnam Dan

wayoflife - you have my appreciation. Thank you, your posts have been constantly informative and you have even answered questions posted. THANK YOU AGAIN, if your ever around NYC I'd be happy to buy you a beer
Putnam Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #55
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam Dan
wayoflife - you have my appreciation. Thank you, your posts have been constantly informative and you have even answered questions posted. THANK YOU AGAIN, if your ever around NYC I'd be happy to buy you a beer
thanks putnam dan, i really do appreciate that as the owner of a TJ, CJ7 and an XJ, what can i say, i love jeeps and the JK is no exception.
wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #56
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
thanks putnam dan, i really do appreciate that as the owner of a TJ, CJ7 and an XJ, what can i say, i love jeeps and the JK is no exception.
Yes thanks for all the pictures (even though you're part of the giant evil conspiracy to make this ugly disguised hummer look prettier)
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #57
sbulla
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey, thanks for the pics! I was glad to see an actual underhood shot of that engine. It confirms why I went ahead with my '06 purchase....simplicity. I traded a Mazda 4X4 pickup for my current '06 Wrangler Unlimited because I couldn't see an engine when I looked under it's hood...just plumbing. I like being able to get to things around this nice straight six without wishing for more joints in my arms! ;-)

Now, if they offered one with an inline six....maybe.

Thanks again,
Sonny
sbulla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #58
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbulla
Hey, thanks for the pics! I was glad to see an actual underhood shot of that engine. It confirms why I went ahead with my '06 purchase....simplicity. I traded a Mazda 4X4 pickup for my current '06 Wrangler Unlimited because I couldn't see an engine when I looked under it's hood...just plumbing. I like being able to get to things around this nice straight six without wishing for more joints in my arms! ;-)

Now, if they offered one with an inline six....maybe.

Thanks again,
Sonny
Surprisingly, it's not that bad under the hood. Everything is still fairly simple surprisingly, given Jeep's new direction with their other vehicles.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #59
Fat_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoflife
dear lord this thread took on a life all its own
well, for those of you who don't like the jk or the pics i took, what can i say, don't buy one and don't look at the pics. last i checked, this is still america and you're free to do that
Unfortunately, this is the life that practically ANY thread on the JK devolves to. Those who dislike it seem to feel obligated to repeatedly run it down and some even criticize the PEOPLE that like the JK.

And to a larger extent, many threads on all of JF are starting to look like this. Of all the message boards I frequent, JF is getting less and less attention from me because of this stupidity.

Anyway, thanks for the effort on the pics. Good job.
Fat_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #60
yellj

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffman
I agree. The Unlimited is nothing more than a grocery getter with a Jeep grill. I was never a fan of the TJ, but I'll take a TJ over a JK.
I would hold judgement until the aftermarket has a chance at it for a year or two. I immediately wrote it off as too long to wheel. It's 6" longer than my Unlimited, yes that's a lot but not the end of the world. If they can find a way to flatten out the bottom some and armor it up, it might be formidable, with 37s, especially if they do something about the engine. Part of it is wheeling with 4, the kids usually ride shotgun with other club members, but you can't always count n that, and really like to have them with us, as the get older and bigger, sitting in the back of even the old Unlimited gets old.
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.