Just Ordered TF 2.5" Coil/Shocks Lift...CAM Bolts? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just Ordered TF 2.5" Coil/Shocks Lift...CAM Bolts?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #16
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Im probably going to get flamed for this but Im on 4 inches of lift and I did not even install the cam bolts... I have no driveline vibes and my DS does not rub.... I really dont think they are necessary.

MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Did the RC lift you got come with replacement static LCAs?
Unread 05-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #18
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah. Why? They are the same length as the stockers though.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #19
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Yeah. Why? They are the same length as the stockers though.
Ah, never mind.
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
JKommuter
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaHrd View Post
Nice! Let me know how much (if any) you had to adjust the castor, and how you like the ride on the road
I installed my 2.5" tf coil lift, TF adj front trackbar, and TF front Lower control arms. Did it by myself in my garage, and it took 7 hours. Using the dial angle finder I checked my caster before I started and I was at 4.5 degrees. I used the adjustable lower control arms to set the caster at 5 degrees.

I didn't drive it until everything was installed and torqued to spec so I can't tell you if I would have been fine on the stock LCA's or not. What I can tell you is that it drives great with the lift installed, and the lca's set where they are. The steering isn't light or darty at all, the ride is firmer, not harsh, but firmer.

So far I'm very happy with my lift, but I've only ran 3 or 4 errands. I like the jeep on stock 32's, so no rush to upgrade yet.

Good luck with your lift, I think you will be happy.
JKommuter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.