Just Got My First Jeep on Saturday! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just Got My First Jeep on Saturday!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
jskidder

Just Got My First Jeep on Saturday!

had to wait to post until my account was set up, but i just bought my first jeep on saturday. 07 jk sahara 2dr soft top in rescue green with a 6sp manual and 18" wheels. i've been browsing this forum for the past few weeks while i was making my decision so i wanted to thank everyone who has been active on here for helping me make my final choice. its only been a few days but so far i'm very happy with my choice. its still freezing here in chicago, but i'm eagerly awaiting the first relatively warm day. i'll be the guy driving around the city with the top down the first day it hits 60 degrees...

also, i read a few places on here that rescue green was being discontinued in favor of detanator yellow and i was informed by multiple dealers that is NOT true. it was originally planned to happen that way, but jeep changed their minds and will now offer the yellow IN ADDITION TO rescue green for 2008 and possibly beyond. good news for anyone who wants a rescue green jk and hasn't placed an order yet...

6sp Manual
Power Convenience Group
18" Wheels[/CENTER]
jskidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Welcome to the Jeep family and to the forum.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

GET PICS!

Be sure to wave to all other Wranglers. Hopefully you knew that already, but I had to tell you just incase.

Just today (and I am just NW of Chicago) I saw a nice Sahara Unlimited, it was a lady driving it, I politely waved only to be completely ignored by her...

Gotta get the memo out to all the new JK owners just now joining the Wrangler family for the first time.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
jskidder

i will put up some pics very soon. i wanted to take some and post them the day i got it but i had to wait for my membership and ended up not taking them. now she's all dirty from the snow the other day, but i will clean her up and snap a few this this weekend for sure.

and i will definitely be waving. i have had a few different friends and roommates in the past who drove jeeps and i always gave the wave whenever i would borrow theirs.
6sp Manual
Power Convenience Group
18" Wheels[/CENTER]
jskidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
YlwColumbia

Congrats on your new ride!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and looking at our Chicago weather, you should be able to fold that Sunrider back Tues (63 degrees!) or even today (53 degrees)!!

Unread 03-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #6
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

Looking forward to the pics...... ....
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
koheed
2000 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/jeepwave/
4" SA Skyjacker/BDS Hybrid, 33" MT/R's
Jeeperman Front & Rear Swing-Away Bumpers
Skid Row Engine/Oil Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid
Flowmaster 40
Herculiner
NEXT PROJECT: SYE and CV Drive Shaft
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/27018750@N00/"]My Pics[/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
koheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.