JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   just curious what this box is?? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/just-curious-what-box-349964/)

Nickb1907 12-12-2006 10:37 PM

just curious what this box is??

I dont own a JK, but when the diesel comes out that will probably change. Just keep seeing this bulkly black box and wondering what it is/does?
http://www.crazyoggs.com/exhaust1.jpg

Rocky529 12-12-2006 10:43 PM

Most likely the e-vap canister.

wraithyjeep 12-13-2006 03:58 AM

my 01 dodge GCaravan AWD has the same one it is the evap system
except on my van it is protected by the cross member.

SouthFLJeeper 12-13-2006 04:15 AM

What's an evap system?

neZZr 12-13-2006 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthFLJeeper
What's an evap system?

Evaporative emissions. The canister captures fuel vapor from the tank and stores it in a charcoal canister rather than let the vapors escape.

jpaddict 12-13-2006 10:45 AM

I thought it was the Flux Capacitor--the device that makes time travel possible.

I guess my saleman lied to me.

doojer 12-13-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpaddict
I thought it was the Flux Capacitor--the device that makes time travel possible.

Make him install it for free! :laugh:

Or, you could always have this guy do it.....:eek:

UTAH 12-13-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

That's just ridiculous. I wish people would stop posting these foolish things that confuse others. You just know if someone reads that on the web they'll think it must be true. :mad:

Dang it, the Flux Capacitor ain't anywhere under the vehicle and never has been - it's always mounted under the hood next to the battery. ;)

Bill

scottyc 12-13-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

No, that is true, unfortunately it's really hard to get a Jeep up to the required 88 miles per hour necessary for time travel.

FLSeaMonkey 12-13-2006 12:32 PM

Ok, a bit off topic, but I gotta share this one. I used to sell BMWs many moons ago. My buddy there would get a, uh, "uninformed" customer in the showroom. We would all non-chalantly gather around to listen to the show. He would be going through his ramblings about the car and then pop the hood and say "and if you notice, the '98 540I has the updated Flux Capacitor." Nobody ever caught it. :laugh: Salesmen........

Joec 12-13-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyc
No, that is true, unfortunately it's really hard to get a Jeep up to the required 88 miles per hour necessary for time travel.

I get white knuckled when I get the JK up to 88 mph. (not that I would know about that. nope. no way. nuh-uh.)

DShizzle 12-13-2006 12:54 PM

I have only had mine a little over 80 mph which was not a bad ride with little effort...I was supprised...I've no doubt it would easily get to 88, especially if I lifted it higher in the rear...everbody knows any vehicle will go faster downhill

FLSeaMonkey 12-13-2006 01:16 PM

Come to think of it, that stainless steel Delorean skin would look pretty good on a JK.....

doojer 12-13-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dshizzle2005
I have only had mine a little over 80 mph which was not a bad ride with little effort...I was supprised...I've no doubt it would easily get to 88, especially if I lifted it higher in the rear...everbody knows any vehicle will go faster downhill

I guess this thread is a little all over the place-- but I just want to let you guys know that I've hit 90 with very little effort more than once. My average speed to and from work on the highway is 80, but sometimes I've got to pass the slow folks. ;)

At 90, my grasp on the wheel is a little tighter, but at 80 all it takes is one relaxed hand :)

Bigbob 12-13-2006 01:42 PM

That box, flux capaciter, evaporator, what ever you want to call is something that will surely be replaced once it is smashed into the driveshaft by a rock or berm. So why can't we all just agree and call it "TOAST".

The time now is 01:46 PM.