Just in case you were wondering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just in case you were wondering

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just in case you were wondering

from the news wire this am:

J.D. Power: Bottom 5 in Dependability Study Are Volkswagen, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Dodge and Land Rover, In That Order 02/13 08:00 AM

This is based on "problems per 100 vehicles"; Lexus is 112 and Jeep is 174. They derive this headline from such data... no mention of any other criteria. On average, I guess this means Lexus has 1.12 problems per vehicle and Jeep has 1.74... what it really says to me is that all of the new vehicles have few problems on average.

Headlines don't tell the whole story!

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

That doesn't surprise me. Volkswagon should be the worst. I've never owned a bigger piece of crap in my life. Every week it was something with that thing. It was falling apart and it didn't have 20k on it.

I would really like to know what the problems were, noises, or full on failures of something.
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Loved my VW. I had a 2000 Passat that was made in Germany (a lot of VW's are made in Mexico now - Not sure if that has affected reliability or not). Kept that car for 12 years and only had a mass air flow sensor failure (covered by warranty) and secondary air pump died. The only other stuff I did was regular maintenance and wear and tear items like brakes. That car handled great!
I replaced my Passat with my 2012 Wrangler 2-door. Now I'm in love all over again!
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.