just bought a jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > just bought a jk

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

just bought a jk

my wife and i bought a 2010 jk sport friday and i love it. we had done some research before we decided what we wanted. as far as i can tell it seems to have all the options a base sahara would have. it has power windows and locks, 17" rims, running boards, hard top, tow package, fog lights, and an auto trans. i do have a couple of questions though, what is the gear ratio in the axles? what i have found says the base sport model comes with a 6 speed manual trans and 3.21 gears, and the auto trans comes with 3.73. i looked for a tag on the pumkin and didnt see one. also is the 42rle the auto trans that it has? any other input on the jeep would b great. thanks

brockj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

If it has the tow package it should have 3:73 gears. Did you buy it new? It should be on the window sticker or at the very least the dealer should be able to provide you with a build sheet.

Congrats on the new Heep!!!
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Mopar Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockj View Post
what is the gear ratio in the axles? what i have found says the base sport model comes with a 6 speed manual trans and 3.21 gears, and the auto trans comes with 3.73. i looked for a tag on the pumkin and didnt see one. also is the 42rle the auto trans that it has? any other input on the jeep would b great. thanks
Yes, it has the 42RLE transmission. It will have 3.73 gears.
Mopar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

welcome to the fold...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

thanks for the help
Unread 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Popeye11
2011 JK Wrangler 

Enjoy the new ride. I just bought new 2011 JK 4Dr. Love it.
This Forum has a wealth of great info.

Welcome aboard.

Steve
Popeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #7
Green98TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the Club
Green98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #8
wh1plash
2013 JK Wrangler 

Congrats!

I've had mine about a week and a half now, sounds exactly like yours. Loving it so far.
wh1plash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

The stock gearing is supposedly 3.21's, but I have yet to actually see one with that gearing. If you got the tow package, you get 3.73's, otherwise most window stickers (like mine) refer to a Customer preference package S2 (or something like that) that includes 3.73 gearing, and probably an air freshener or something....
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Mopar Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
The stock gearing is supposedly 3.21's, but I have yet to actually see one with that gearing. If you got the tow package, you get 3.73's, otherwise most window stickers (like mine) refer to a Customer preference package S2 (or something like that) that includes 3.73 gearing, and probably an air freshener or something....
3.73's are automatically included when the 42RLE is specified.
Mopar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
JkFuriousd
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
The X/Sports with the 16 inch steelies and 245 series tires and no tow package are the only ones I've seen that have the 3.21's
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #12
Lynhalla

2008 JK Wrangler 

welcome......be prepared to spend money and have lots of fun
Lynhalla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

PICS or we don't beleive you actually have one! We all think that you just say that you do Welcome and congrats!
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #14
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i cant upload pics...so i guess u'll have to take my word for it. i have a tj as well, but i am already in love with the jk
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

great pick up! welcome!
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.