Just bought a 2010 Jeep Wranger Rubicon last night!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Just bought a 2010 Jeep Wranger Rubicon last night!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #16
qf4phlyer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Congrats, let the addiction begin.

08 Wrangler X DETN8R Yellow Rough Country 2.5" progressive rate coil lift, 2.2 shocks. 1.25" body lift, disco's, steering stabilizer. Benchmark EVAP skid. TeraFlex front bumper with shackles. 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T KO's on MB72 wheels.Cobra 75 on a Firestik. Arizona Rocky Road antenna mount. Ward bug shield, DayStar hood wranglers, upper dash panel. Qtech arm rest.

2002 Wrangler Sahara RIP
1979 CJ 7 258 RIP
1975 Cherokee S 401 RIP
qf4phlyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #17
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Be careful after you lock your doors and start to walk away! Make sure you have a clear path with no obstacles, cause when you turn back to stare at your Jeep, and don't look where you're walking, it can be dangerous to you and those around you
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #18
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and to the Jeep community!!! Your jeep looks alot like mine did stock, except mine had the little wheels without the sticker on the hood. But I love it now! Check out my build thread in my signature...
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #19
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceparn View Post
Be careful after you lock your doors and start to walk away! Make sure you have a clear path with no obstacles, cause when you turn back to stare at your Jeep, and don't look where you're walking, it can be dangerous to you and those around you
This is soooo true
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #20
Blues 2
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rock it stock, read as much as you can and decide what you what to do later. That is one capable machine you already have right there. I'm still waiting (two years next month) to pull open my wallet, because once it starts it won't stop till you run out of cash. My dream list tops 7500 for tires, rims, lift, adjustable control arms, gears, procal, scanguage,...and...
Blues 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #21
rennypogo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice rubi........You got the top dog JK that said do nothing as far.. lift ,tires and any big money mods.Enjoy your very capable off road Rubi stock and let the "new" wear off before you start banging her up.
rennypogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #22
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hello and welcome. My previous vehicle was a Honda civic SI, not very much stuff on that car was stock. Your coming from a smilar platform regarding speed and handling. Do your self one favor, get used to going slow. Bolt ons for these things are a waste of money. I have yet to see a dyno sheet at all, let alone showing any sort of gain after bolt ons.

The 2 door is awesome. Enjoy it, you can go where a lot of other's cant simply cause you got a Rubi. Mine is my 3rd jeep, and kills my previous two off road in stock form. Not to much to do to run 35's besides a lift n wheels.
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #23
enderokc

Thanks everyone!!! I plan on keeping it stock for at least a few months I am totally in love with it!!! The mygig nav system is AWESOME as well!! and the speakers sound great!!

I am an avid mountain biker, and am getting into triathlons so I dont have too much time to go 4wheelin but I will try later this summer after my tri season but I am sure it will help me find some great biking trails though

I will try an post some more pics of it soon.

-eric
enderokc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #24
enderokc

here are some more pics I took last night

Unread 01-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Beautiful Jeep!
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #26
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice!

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #27
JrJmisn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just want to reinforce the previous ideas to DRIVE IT STOCK for a while. Youve got an awesome top of the line jeep for this year. Have fun and get good at driving it and read up around here to things you COULD do.

Find things you SHOULDNT do as much as things you SHOULD.

Drive it stock for a while. Don't be a hero until you know exactly what you want. Take the doors off in the summer and keep the top down and have fun. Very nice Jeep man.
JrJmisn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #28
07_rubicon

congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Welcome and Congratulations

Drive! Drive! Drive! Read! Read! Read!
Build it Once and Build it Right

P.S. I hope that's not the Mall Parking Lot
this is well said
07_rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #29
JWA

Congrats - and good choice on the color - looks exactly like mine .
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #30
enderokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrJmisn View Post
Just want to reinforce the previous ideas to DRIVE IT STOCK for a while. Youve got an awesome top of the line jeep for this year. Have fun and get good at driving it and read up around here to things you COULD do.

Find things you SHOULDNT do as much as things you SHOULD.

Drive it stock for a while. Don't be a hero until you know exactly what you want. Take the doors off in the summer and keep the top down and have fun. Very nice Jeep man.
Totally!! thats great advice!! I am thinking of upgrading the headlights to xenons and taillights to LED lights though. I had them on my last car and I LOVED them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.