Jopolly3's JKUR Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jopolly3's JKUR Build Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #16
sanctified
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. I wonder what you are thinking about your Expedition One bumper now that you have had it a while. I'm trying to stay with a light weight build and it seems to be about the lightest out there. Without actually seeing one in person I am a little concerned it might be a little too light weight though.

Did you ever consider getting the fog light wings for it? I really like that the winch sits below the grill and I know I want to retain the fog lights. The added width is also a plus for me (thinking about traffic tickets.) They are also a local-ish company at about an hour north of me.

Thanks.

Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Looks good. I wonder what you are thinking about your Expedition One bumper now that you have had it a while. I'm trying to stay with a light weight build and it seems to be about the lightest out there. Without actually seeing one in person I am a little concerned it might be a little too light weight though.

Did you ever consider getting the fog light wings for it? I really like that the winch sits below the grill and I know I want to retain the fog lights. The added width is also a plus for me (thinking about traffic tickets.) They are also a local-ish company at about an hour north of me.

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on here in a while. I like the Expedition One, it is a cheap and simple winch/armor option. It is far from your prettiest option, it is basically a pre-drilled bent piece of plate. The frame rail ends are completely exposed and since there is not top end you can see the sway and vac pump but I don't care, I think it gives a cool utilitarian look (glass half full guy haha). Fitment and recovery points are good. I didn't get the fog pods because of my low height and stock tires I wanted to keep the front clear for angled approaches. I also wired my windshield Hella's into the stock fog connections. I live in Mass where they are pretty strict and the troops have left me be (I currently don't have a rear bumper either so maybe I am just lucky haha). I am sure this is too late to help but maybe not.

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.