JKU Springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKU Springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
If that happened, is that what a trackbar adjustment would fix?

Just starting to try to figure all this out and wondering if an actual lift would be a better plan
If the increased ride height is under 2" then one of the trackbar brackets is likely to push the axle as far past center as the lift pulls it from center.

dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
Havoc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for your help
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

4255AA in the rear
wranglernut14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #19
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

So you have 14/55's.

Read the post about the gains as you go up numerically , and decide what you want to do.

At most, you could gain and inch to and inch and a half, or level out the front, or compensate for additional equipment.

What is it you want to do?

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

i want a cheap way to put on 35's at least 33's with no rubbing. I am thinking that i might go with pocket flares to go with the 33's but I'm not sure that that with give me any more clearence. I don't really like the flat fender look.
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Find yourself a set of 18/58's or higher, and you should be able to run 33's no problem, or even add small set of coil spacers to run 35's (though at that size, gearing can come an issue)

Hoss

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

i thought that with the new engine you could run 35's without regearing? whats sad is that I'm going to be a automotive tech haha
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Depends on your trans and stock gearing

Hoss

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

alright thank you i am going to the dealership tomorrow and getting them to run the vin. and as far as the spring swap is that all i need to do with it? do i need to get a adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle? i know I'm going to need new shocks but that will be after i figure out exactly how much lift i get.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglernut14
alright thank you i am going to the dealership tomorrow and getting them to run the vin. and as far as the spring swap is that all i need to do with it? do i need to get a adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle? i know I'm going to need new shocks but that will be after i figure out exactly how much lift i get.
I recently installed taller OEM coils on a two door JK (smcutter- member here). The axle shift wasn't enough to worry about adjustable track bars, but you could add adjustable TBs if you wanted to.

Smcutter later installed shock extensions and found the shocks would bottom out before the stock bump stops stopped the up travel as I expected. You would have to add bump stop extensions accordingly to save the longer than stock shocks.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #26
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglernut14 View Post
If it's less than 2" net "lift", you don't even need the adjustable track bar.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: The following is a bunch of math stuff. If you are one of those people who think that the workings of a Jeep and its suspension have nothing to do with math, please stop reading at this point.

Think of the axle and trackbar (TB) as 2 sides of a triangle, with the height from the axle to the end of the track bar being the 3rd side (making a right angle with the axle). From where the axle and TB are connected, to the spot on the axle that's directly below the other end of the TB, you have a distance of roughly, 35". Height from top of axle (tb is mounted on top) to TB is 3". The length of the TB (center bolt to center bolt) is ~35.2". If you add a 1.5" lift, the 3" becomes 4.5 and the TB stays the same length (35.2), so the axle is pulled over so the TB end above the axle is 34.9" (35.2*35.2-4.5*4.5 then take the square root). So, your axle shifted 3/10's of an inch. A trackbar relo bracket would move it more than 1", so if you use it, then you are actually going to end up with the axle shifted the other direction 7/10" from where it was when it was stock.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #27
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just learned all that last semester in suspension class but fort the equation. Thank You!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.