JKU rear seat question - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKU rear seat question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #31
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

2008 jkur, and also useless, split foam (covered in black spray paint )

seat.jpg  
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #32
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan19 View Post
With all due respect to a fellow Jeeper, maybe you should have made sure everything would suit your family's needs BEFORE you wrote a $28,000 check.
There are some expectations that should be met. If there is a 3rd set of seat belts, you would think a third person would be able to sit there.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #33
mexpiper

Easy fix for back seat. 7'' x 9'' 5/8 plywood board tucked under (between foam and wire support) and 2 screws to prevent from moving.
mexpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #34
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have yet to check my JEEP but I propose the following. The seat is probably not as rigid as the sides do to the HUMP in the center of the floor so when the seat folds down it forms around this spot allowing the seats to fold generally flat for more space and ease of use. With to stiff a seat the springs will not allow sufficient flex if they are to stiff and would not allow the seat to fold. After editing my post I realize somebody already stated this sorry. Also if you modify this with a board or brace it into the other seat you then must drop both seats because they are fixed to each other instead of just dropping 1 side for example. I do like to modify my JEEP and can see spending a big chunk of cash should check all aspects before spending $$ but also JEEP should have built this better just shoot them and email and let them know Engineers and Builders can't think of every thing all the time they use comments to better themselves and fix problems.
Cobra 29 CB, 4ft Firestick Antenna, Skid Row Evap Skid, Rockhard Engine Skid, Rockhard Tranny Skid, Mesh Grill Mod, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Front and Rear ARB Diff Covers, Smittybilt Rock Rails, KC 130Watt Long Range Lights, Delta Light Mounts, TorqFlo tranny cooler, Hood Louvers, Drake Hood Pins, AEV Snorkel, Smittybilt 10,000 Winch, Rockhard Shorty Bumper with KC 100watt Slim Light Driving Lights, JKS ACOS Front System, Breather Extensions.
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #35
WXman
2001 WJ 

As usual...the aftermarket comes to the rescue and saves Chrysler's craptastic engineering. Now, why couldn't they do this at the factory and raise the MSRP $0.75 cents? Geez.

http://www.armoredworks.com/metalclo...at-Support.pdf
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just got the email from MetalCloak they have a video posted. http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangle...ort-p/5000.htm

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #37
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Mine is a 2012 and its the same thing, no support for the middle seat.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
As usual...the aftermarket comes to the rescue and saves Chrysler's craptastic engineering. Now, why couldn't they do this at the factory and raise the MSRP $0.75 cents? Geez.

http://www.armoredworks.com/metalclo...at-Support.pdf
Nice. That's a super simple design....anybody with a drill, grinder, and the ability to cut, or have cut, a flat piece of plate could make it for a few dollars.

I'm going to go ahead and make one tomorrow, I think. Thanks for sharing!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #39
dalearyous

is this still true in 2013? if so, i see why people have made threads about a mod to fix the seat and i will be doing the same.
dalearyous is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.