JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   JKU rear cargo area bedlined? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jku-rear-cargo-area-bedlined-1537355/)

coastiejohn 06-16-2013 08:02 PM

JKU rear cargo area bedlined?

So after a long trip with the mutts in the rear cargo area, the amount of hair to remove off the carpet about drove me insane. What I am thinking is to have just the rear area bed lined with line-x ( I will not be doing it myself as I think a pro job just comes out better) from the rear seats back. The carpet will remain in the passenger areas. Has anyone done just the rear area? Pics would be great. Does the rear tray cover need the carpet to stay attached?

Thanks

2Five22 06-16-2013 08:23 PM

Dog fur will still venture into the front upholstered area. Everyone I have seen that has done bedliner, has done the entire passenger tub. Some put down carpeted mats, etc. afterwards.

I think you'll get frustrated at the amount of fur that ends up in the front seating area.

TheBoss 06-16-2013 09:01 PM

The rear tray cover uses the two brackets under the mat. I would agree as to get the whole tub lined. As a preventative before I pulled the carpets I used a large thin blanket across the back area to contain the fur. It kept it off the rear seats when they were folded down.

coastiejohn 06-17-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Five22 (Post 15569689)
Dog fur will still venture into the front upholstered area. Everyone I have seen that has done bedliner, has done the entire passenger tub. Some put down carpeted mats, etc. afterwards.

I think you'll get frustrated at the amount of fur that ends up in the front seating area.

I keep them pretty well contained with a net. I guss I am on the fence about doing the whole tub because i am trying to balance what i need/want with what i can afford. I am just worried that if i decide to do just the rear that I am half-assing it, but am not entirely sure that i want the whole tub lined as i liked the carpeted passenger area. Thats why i was hoping someone might have just done the rear. :brickwall plan on calling my local line-x dealer and see what they quote me for both.

JKilla 06-17-2013 04:49 PM

i got quoted at 700 ish. and then traded my dog for a pet cactus.....

bgoptmst 06-17-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKilla
i got quoted at 700 ish. and then traded my dog for a pet cactus.....

Your better off buying mats and seat liners for that price. They would add some extra functionality across the spectrum for you. That being said my last Jeep I ended up non-skidding the entire thing after it was a decade or so old. The carpet was garbage and it was easier to bring home a gallon from work then make an investment in new carpet.

coastiejohn 06-18-2013 05:40 AM

Line-x quoted me $250 for just the cargo area. Think I am going to pull the trigger. I figure I can always get the rest done later if I need it.

The time now is 03:04 AM.