JKU doors off and need mirror help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKU doors off and need mirror help.

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Lowflyer70
2011 JK Wrangler 

JKU doors off and need mirror help.

Just removed my doors for the 1st time and need recommendations on mirrors. What does everyone prefer? Thanks

Lowflyer70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I use the kind that slip into the upper door hinge, by Lange, I think. About $50.
You can also buy some for motorcycles (various shapes) and do the same, probably for less $$.

Don't buy the kind that relocate the OEM mirrors from the door to the A-Pillar. I've heard nothing but complaints about blind spots on those.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Bringbackmikey
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought the small 2 inch mirrors and put them on my air vents. They're the kind people stick onto normal mirrors to see blind spots.
Bringbackmikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
anvil14u
2014 JK Wrangler 

A friend gave me a set of Langes that mount to the A post, I had to modify them a bit to get them to stay in place at hiway speeds but now they work great. I need these to see, not one of the guys that can go without knowing what's behind me.
anvil14u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just by chance, I was in a Target store during the winter months and came across an old school Schwinn Bicycle mirror that was on clearance for $3.36. The threaded rod fit perfectly into the upper door hinge. I added a couple flat washers to keep the nuts from scuffing the paint on the hinges. The washers cost $.07 each. I have a total of $3.50 into this setup. Function wise it works pretty decent as it is adjustable and doesn't vibrate too bad at all. I wish it were just a touch bigger but I'm getting older and can't see as good as I used to.
image-1482002153.jpg

Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Lowflyer70
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys for the responses. Looks like it might be some Harley mirrors. Too many ppl dislike the Lange ones.
Unread 07-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
bingbong81
Jeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the relocate to the a pillar and the drivers side is fine. My state only requires the drivers side. The passenger side is horrible to see even with the doors off. When I put the doors on they both suck. I wouldn't recommend these at all
Unread 07-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #8
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is another thread just started with the same question/idea:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...14-jk-2538738/
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Lowflyer70
2011 JK Wrangler 

Went w Harley mirrors. 0 vibrations. Work great.
Unread 07-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
lowendrider
2011 JK Wrangler 

Check out the Rampage mirrors..Qtech has them. I've got them and they are great, hardly any vibrations...only negative is a whistle at speed. Identical to the Rugged Ridge as far as I can tell and half the price ~$30 for the pair.
rampage-mirrors.jpg

lowendrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.