JKU door? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKU door?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

JKU door?

For those of you with kids, how old were they when you first took the passenger doors off?

Unread 06-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

25 years old. She really enjoyed it.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

The JKU didn't show up til she was 7yrs old, so 7yrs old.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
BigMikeOfTO
2011 JK Wrangler 

My son was 5, couldn't stop smiling the whole way back to the cottage

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
SPRSLO

I trust my 6 yr old daughter to stay seat belted in, but I don't trust my 3 yr old son to not see something blowing along the road or a bug at a stoplight and unbuckle himself and fall right out.
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
ncb

My sons are 3 and 6 and love it. Driving around suburbia I don't worry so much. I won't take them on the highway or up to Denver with the doors off. Be prepared to get the stink eye from all the nervous Nelly's in minivans.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
airwin10
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb
Be prepared to get the stink eye from all the nervous Nelly's in minivans.
That is so true. My daughter has been riding in it with the doors off since she was 5. But when I pull in to pick her up from school with them off I can feel the judgement of the soccer moms.
airwin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are you sure you sense judgement or is it jealousy? My kids are 2 and 5 and beg me to take the door off. Never had an issue with unbuckling with or without doors.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies.

My daughters are 4 and keep begging me to take their doors off too. I have been hesitant to do so because I didn't want the dirty looks from soccer moms. I think I will take their doors off when we are just driving around town and see how they like it.
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a 4 year old and roll completely doorless and get the dirty looks lol
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
ncb

When I was little I sat in the back of our CJ with out a seat belt.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
SPRSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
Are you sure you sense judgement or is it jealousy? My kids are 2 and 5 and beg me to take the door off. Never had an issue with unbuckling with or without doors.
I know my daughter wouldn't be an issue, and my son probably wouldn't, but I'm not 100% convinced he wouldn't. And my wife would complain even more about her hair blowing.
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

Took all four doors off yesterday and my girls loved it. Whenever we stopped they asked if they could unbuckle themselves. Looks like the doors will be coming off more often. Now if it would just stop raining.
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
dodgethejeep

my 7 year old started riding in my tj with no doors or top. now he is 7 with a 3 yr old brother. just teach them to stay put till you say so and they should be fine. might lose a toy or sippy cup along the way. half doors alow alittle junk in the back with out it all flying out when kids drop something.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.