Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JKU alarm/horn issue

938 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  watts008 
#1 ·
Alarm/horn issue JKU . A friend was looking at my jeep & set off my alarm. By the time he tracked me down to get my keys the system had reset I guess because the horn stopped. Now the horn will not work at all. Push the key fob...no horn. Panic button...no horn. Set off the alarm...lights flash but no horn. Push the center of the steering wheel...no horn. Checked fuse 22 & 23 and they seem to be fine. I can hear a click in the fuse box when pushing the horn on steering wheel but no horn. Any thoughts? Thank

#2 ·
Test the horn itself - left side ahead of radiator - make sure its still tightly mounted for ground, unplug the wire and run a positive test lead to the lug on the horn... my have gone bad due to heat.

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. Before I had a chance to get under the hood again to test the horn it started working. Although it seems it might be intermittent. Thinking it might be a loose connection at the horn. I'm going to check on it tomorrow while I've still got some daylight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.