Which JKU? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Which JKU?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
devinscott09

Which JKU?

I have finally decided to get my first Jeep. This will be my first brand new car. I am going to have to order it from the factory, as I have not found it with all everything that I want.
These include: Gecko Green, Manual Transmission, Navigation, Hardtop and soft-top, and max tow package just to name a few.

I have done the build and price several times but I am torn between the Sahara and the Rubicon. Since this is the first even close to new vehicle I have had, I want to buy everything I want including all the bells and whistles. I like the idea of an electronic sway bar disconnect and some of the other features that the Rubicon has. However, I don't think I will be doing a lot of rock climbing or trails out here in central Nebraska. I may be looking at moving to the Denver area though in 5 years. I know that for those first 5 years, it would primarily be used on the road.

I don't know if I should spend the extra 2-3k for a Rubicon or just stick with the Sahara. I cant imagine me doing a lot of upgrades to my jeep other than a nice front bumper, winch, 2.5-3" lift, wheels and tires, but that will be down the road as well.

Anybody have any suggestions?

devinscott09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Coolcatracing
2008 JK Wrangler 

The Rubicon is nice and has the things you would use in moderate offroading so it wouldn't be bad if you plan on moderate upgrades. It already has the better gearing, transfer case and the diffs. If you want to do more serious wheeling just get the Sahara because you'll change most of the Rubicon parts anyways.
08 Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed, 315/70-16 Kelly TSR, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers factory Moab's, Rubicon Express Flex arm 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front bumper with D-rings, Body Armor Extreme rock slider steps, AEV snorkel, trimmed fender flares, Hella 8" HID driving lights
Coolcatracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
jpchurch34
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had a similar battle in my head. Ended up ordering 2012 Rubicon. All the luxuries of the Sahara plus rugged. Probably would get Rubicon again.
jpchurch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
jpchurch34
2012 JK Wrangler 

11,500 miles later and very pleased
jpchurch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
kappaknight
2013 JK Wrangler 

After some debate, I ended up picking the Rubicon over the Sahara. For the $2-3K upgrade, you get more in the package than if you had to individually make those upgrades. I had a regular ole TJ before and if there's anything I've learned, it's that once you start, you don't stop.
()_)()_)==)_)
kappaknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.