Are JK's water proof - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Are JK's water proof

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
The Punisher

Are JK's water proof

are Jk's water proof? Will I have any electrical problems if I flood it going through lake with a safari snorkel?
Thank you guys

Mods: 4.88 gears front and rear, 36x12.50R16 Super Swamper TSL's with a 4" suspension lift, 2" BL, MORE boomerang shackles, KN drop-in filter with an ARB Safari Snorkel, Pacesetter headers, high-flow cat, Gibson cat-back, and a Herculined TUB
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punisher
are Jk's water proof? Will I have any electrical problems if I flood it going through lake with a safari snorkel?
Thank you guys

Do you know any modern car, in particular a production car, that does not care about beeing flooded?
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you guys
Depends on the depth. As Karamba noted the JK (or the TJ for that matter) will have problems if you try to run too deep (even with a snorkel). I don't know specifically how deep the JKs will run but there have been some very impressive photos from the Africa trip showing the JKs with water past the door jambs and over the bumpers doing just fine.
cab76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punisher's Sig
1993 soft top 2.5L Jeep Wrangler
Mods: 4.88 gears front and rear, 36x10.50R16 Super Swamper TSL's with a 4" suspension lift, KN drop-in filter with an ARB Safari Snorkel, Pacesetter headers, high-flow cat, Gibson cat-back, and a Herculined TUB
Based on your .sig file, it looks like you are wanting something that can replace your current offroader.

I imagine that all the electrical connections are weather-tight just as they are in our YJ's. A long dunking in a lake / river / stream (over night) might allow water to get into the connections, but quick jaunts through deep waters shouldn't harm it ... especially if you take the extra time to make sure that everything under the hood is sealed up as well as possible, the way you should have done with your YJ when you snorkled it up.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
The Punisher

I was thinking, my jeep runs like a sloth. Either I want to put in an 8-cylinder chevy and be in it an other $1000, and have it be worth the same if not less. Or I want to get a newer wrangler with an I-6 in it from the start and invest money on that. What do you think is ideal Naekid? BTW, did you see my pictures?
Mods: 4.88 gears front and rear, 36x12.50R16 Super Swamper TSL's with a 4" suspension lift, 2" BL, MORE boomerang shackles, KN drop-in filter with an ARB Safari Snorkel, Pacesetter headers, high-flow cat, Gibson cat-back, and a Herculined TUB
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76
Depends on the depth. As Karamba noted the JK (or the TJ for that matter) will have problems if you try to run too deep (even with a snorkel). I don't know specifically how deep the JKs will run but there have been some very impressive photos from the Africa trip showing the JKs with water past the door jambs and over the bumpers doing just fine.
Nock on wood but so far in water over my hood with a snorkle no issue, Just have to change diff fluids and my 5 speed Trans
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
92blazn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.