JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510
I ran mine a good 3" above being level and it drove fine so this is a non issue. If it was level, having the rubicon electronic disconnect and long shocks, the bar would flip around backwards when it flexed.
How much did you extend your bump stops? Looks like you have very little up travel on there.
those are the bump stops that came with the 2.5" TF BB. they seem long to me too, but get the job done and i still have plenty of uptravel

295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
your obviously confused as he said when off road can he zip it level i said zip tie it out of the way higher.....but at least u got another post
No I made that comment about removing the swaybar. There is no reason to do that. Even if just for taking it off for a day of offroading.

Also, if you ziptie the swaybar as high up as possible there is a chance that you can shred your tires on it. As seen in the link posted above.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
No I made that comment about removing the swaybar. There is no reason to do that. Even if just for taking it off for a day of offroading.

Also, if you ziptie the swaybar as high up as possible there is a chance that you can shred your tires on it. As seen in the link posted above.
i see no reason not to.... eliminates all hassle and no down sides in my application.. may be some slight downfalls depending on your setup , but the benefits are more imo. Rear swaybar is a different story though...
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

It has been said before, worth repeating here. If you remove the swaybar, and if you are in an accident, the missing swaybar is subject to discovery and may seriously alter your insurance coverage...you know how it is when lawyers get involved. This is from a very good friend of mine who was an insurance adjuster...he says when fault is in question, they look at everything mechanical...just sayin...you could impact your insurance...check it out with your agent if you dare to.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

No concern here but may be to some. Im well aware of this and still decided against it. Couldn't they technically go after anything you did?
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #21
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
i see no reason not to.... eliminates all hassle and no down sides in my application.. may be some slight downfalls depending on your setup , but the benefits are more imo. Rear swaybar is a different story though...
So your jeep is a trail only rig? And what benefits are there over no swaybar vs disconnects?

Swaybars are there for a reason on the road, and even the rear swaybar provides stability. I had to run 2 days without a rear connected after lifting my jeep and the disconnects not fitting properly. It was very apparent that the rear was not connected.

I dont care if you dont care about your safety I do care about people running their jeeps in an unsafe way that could hurt an innocent person.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Negative its my dd. I still have the rear in as its all you need imo. Ive ran no sway bars only a rear and only a front. I have stiff coils and with the rear only i get hardly any body roll. No need to disco the front ever or hassle tying it up when it would be. Imo you only need a rear. Even then you can run without a rear but depending on your build it may hurt you off-road. Also no sway bars is more noticeable body roll onroad obviously. Id only keep the front on if i wanted to take it to the track for some odd reason... You want to run both go ahead but my opinion stands that the rear is plenty and front is not worth the hassle.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #23
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Did not know you were an automotive engineer with that much experience...lol. but of course, you know better I guess.
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

lol not seeing your engineering side to have any input as to why its bad. not even experience? just based off insurance? if thats the case go get a 5 start safety vehicle and drive the speed limit everywhere.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #25
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I am not an automotive engineer, but I am also under the belief that it was included on purpose and for a specific reason, which I am now convinced that you do not...good luck and be safe but beware young padawan...your skills are not complete.
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

so everything on jeeps thats designed that way is good. Like the standard holes on the track bar with metric bolts? Theres always things that can be removed or added.

2nd: this sentence you wrote here sucks...

I am not an automotive engineer, but I am also under the belief that it was included on purpose and for a specific reason, which I am now convinced that you do not..

3rd

maybe im just not old enough yet to understand your so called old people skills when it comes to vehicle safety on a vehicle doing unsafe things..

ps. thread completely derailed and exploded? check..
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you're saying insurance is a reason not to do something, then lifting, regearing, bumpers, different springs and shocks etc would all void insurance. Just saying.

I don't drive my jk on the street without the sway bar connected (I also have a heavy camper top), but I've had IFS rigs were I almost never connected the sway bar. Better ride, more compliant, a little more body roll but it was only bad if you intentionally swerved back and forth.

There are much less safe rigs out there than a well maintained rig with a disconnected sway bar. Just my opinion.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #28
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

agreed. but my rant is done...sorry to op....
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I am not suggesting you do or do not do anything you want to. I am suggesting you do it with full knowledge of the "law of unintended consequences." Try boxer shorts, it will help you out a bit. Chill dude. O&O - this thread sucks.

and....it was you who derailed the thread by bring up the subject of just removing it....
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz
agreed. but my rant is done...sorry to op....
no worries. i'm actually very amused by this discussion...carry on. LOL
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.