JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle

just installed a set of the JKS Quicker Discos on my 2010 JKU. Install was super easy and got it done in under an hour.

my question has to do with the sway bar angle...when setting the length on the discos, i simply lined up the eyes with the stock links (fyi - these were originally the rear links that i moved to the front when installing the 2.5" TF BB).

Anyway, the sway bar angle didn't change from where it was before installing the discos. BUT, the angle is definitely not within +/- .5 degrees of being 0...do i need to change the angle even though i've never had any issues? i have no noticeable issues or wobbles and drive at 70mph regularly.

Thanks guys!

295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

its not necessarily an issue depending on your up travel and down travel. off road disconnected it wont matter at all. any pictures of where its sitting now?
Maertz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

not sure if these pics are much help, but here are a few shots

image-2494071820.jpg
image-2924966265.jpg

image-2800647250.jpg

Unread 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

i would think you will be fine. if it bugs you you could just lower them a tad bit.
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

2nd and 3rd pic...I would shorten the disconnects to where the anti sway bar sits more parallel to the frame (level). Remember when removing them for off road driving to take extreme care where you place the exposed end of the anti sway bar...tying it up places it in a position that will impact your tire on a locked turn. Tie it with something that maintains a level position, or, as I did, grind away a notch in that frame piece you see sticking out so it can be tied above where the tire turns...ask those who have these and they will confirm this need, not in the instructions.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

just took it down the highway. no wobble or any other noticeable issues...

thanks for the tip for when disco'd offroad. any pics of what you're talking about?
Unread 09-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Search this forum for: disconnects + popped tire
or be lazy and go to this thread for pics...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...d-tire-555888/
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
2nd and 3rd pic...I would shorten the disconnects to where the anti sway bar sits more parallel to the frame (level). Remember when removing them for off road driving to take extreme care where you place the exposed end of the anti sway bar...tying it up places it in a position that will impact your tire on a locked turn. Tie it with something that maintains a level position, or, as I did, grind away a notch in that frame piece you see sticking out so it can be tied above where the tire turns...ask those who have these and they will confirm this need, not in the instructions.
This ↑↑↑↑ and you could also buy mounting studs from teraflex. They mount to the front body mount and have a stud to pin the anti swaybar up.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

you could also just drill and tap and eye bolt in and zip tie it. or bend the eye bolt and put the pin thru it.
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

anything wrong with simply using zip ties and tie it parallel to the ground? will i have any issues at full lock?
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

id just move it as high up as possible and zip tie it....or remove the whole sway bar...
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #12
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
id just move it as high up as possible and zip tie it....or remove the whole sway bar...
You obviously dont know what your talking about.

I would just go ahead and lower it so that the swaybar is level, its easy and why not do it?

As for moving it out of the way follow rockclymer and do it that way. Didnt the disconnects come with some pins that attach to the frame to mount the swaybar out of the way? I know mine did for my XJ.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
You obviously dont know what your talking about.

I would just go ahead and lower it so that the swaybar is level, its easy and why not do it?

As for moving it out of the way follow rockclymer and do it that way. Didnt the disconnects come with some pins that attach to the frame to mount the swaybar out of the way? I know mine did for my XJ.
your obviously confused as he said when off road can he zip it level i said zip tie it out of the way higher.....but at least u got another post
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I ran mine a good 3" above being level and it drove fine so this is a non issue. If it was level, having the rubicon electronic disconnect and long shocks, the bar would flip around backwards when it flexed.

How much did you extend your bump stops? Looks like you have very little up travel on there.
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

^^^ that is true also. the evo bolt on coilovers run upwards like that to allow for downtravel aswell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.