JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/jks-quick-disco-sway-bar-angle-1631609/)

janders82 09-28-2013 12:43 PM

JKS Quick Disco - Sway Bar Angle

just installed a set of the JKS Quicker Discos on my 2010 JKU. Install was super easy and got it done in under an hour.

my question has to do with the sway bar angle...when setting the length on the discos, i simply lined up the eyes with the stock links (fyi - these were originally the rear links that i moved to the front when installing the 2.5" TF BB).

Anyway, the sway bar angle didn't change from where it was before installing the discos. BUT, the angle is definitely not within +/- .5 degrees of being 0...do i need to change the angle even though i've never had any issues? i have no noticeable issues or wobbles and drive at 70mph regularly.

Thanks guys!

Maertz 09-28-2013 01:12 PM

its not necessarily an issue depending on your up travel and down travel. off road disconnected it wont matter at all. any pictures of where its sitting now?

janders82 09-28-2013 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
not sure if these pics are much help, but here are a few shots

Attachment 715505

Maertz 09-28-2013 01:24 PM

i would think you will be fine. if it bugs you you could just lower them a tad bit.

RockyClymer 09-28-2013 01:28 PM

2nd and 3rd pic...I would shorten the disconnects to where the anti sway bar sits more parallel to the frame (level). Remember when removing them for off road driving to take extreme care where you place the exposed end of the anti sway bar...tying it up places it in a position that will impact your tire on a locked turn. Tie it with something that maintains a level position, or, as I did, grind away a notch in that frame piece you see sticking out so it can be tied above where the tire turns...ask those who have these and they will confirm this need, not in the instructions.

janders82 09-28-2013 02:43 PM

just took it down the highway. no wobble or any other noticeable issues...

thanks for the tip for when disco'd offroad. any pics of what you're talking about?

RockyClymer 09-28-2013 03:37 PM

Search this forum for: disconnects + popped tire
or be lazy and go to this thread for pics...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...d-tire-555888/

TheBoss 09-28-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyClymer (Post 16389833)
2nd and 3rd pic...I would shorten the disconnects to where the anti sway bar sits more parallel to the frame (level). Remember when removing them for off road driving to take extreme care where you place the exposed end of the anti sway bar...tying it up places it in a position that will impact your tire on a locked turn. Tie it with something that maintains a level position, or, as I did, grind away a notch in that frame piece you see sticking out so it can be tied above where the tire turns...ask those who have these and they will confirm this need, not in the instructions.

This ↑↑↑↑ and you could also buy mounting studs from teraflex. They mount to the front body mount and have a stud to pin the anti swaybar up.

Maertz 09-28-2013 06:49 PM

you could also just drill and tap and eye bolt in and zip tie it. or bend the eye bolt and put the pin thru it.

janders82 09-28-2013 07:02 PM

anything wrong with simply using zip ties and tie it parallel to the ground? will i have any issues at full lock?

Maertz 09-28-2013 07:04 PM

id just move it as high up as possible and zip tie it....or remove the whole sway bar...

COLOUXJ 09-29-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maertz (Post 16395553)
id just move it as high up as possible and zip tie it....or remove the whole sway bar...

You obviously dont know what your talking about.:thumbdown:

I would just go ahead and lower it so that the swaybar is level, its easy and why not do it?

As for moving it out of the way follow rockclymer and do it that way. Didnt the disconnects come with some pins that attach to the frame to mount the swaybar out of the way? I know mine did for my XJ.

Maertz 09-29-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLOUXJ (Post 16404561)
You obviously dont know what your talking about.:thumbdown:

I would just go ahead and lower it so that the swaybar is level, its easy and why not do it?

As for moving it out of the way follow rockclymer and do it that way. Didnt the disconnects come with some pins that attach to the frame to mount the swaybar out of the way? I know mine did for my XJ.

your obviously confused as he said when off road can he zip it level i said zip tie it out of the way higher.....but at least u got another post :thumbdown:

krawler510 09-29-2013 09:29 AM

I ran mine a good 3" above being level and it drove fine so this is a non issue. If it was level, having the rubicon electronic disconnect and long shocks, the bar would flip around backwards when it flexed.

How much did you extend your bump stops? Looks like you have very little up travel on there.

Maertz 09-29-2013 09:34 AM

^^^ that is true also. the evo bolt on coilovers run upwards like that to allow for downtravel aswell

The time now is 01:14 AM.