JK wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK wheels

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
hbf7744

JK wheels

I'm looking at a JK unlimited X. Just wondering - what would be the biggest wheels and tires you can put on it without a lift? Will it fit the same tires and wheels as the Rubicon model or is the Rubicon equipped with a factory lift?

hbf7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
doojer

The Rubi is not lifted and it's the same body as the X and the Sahara so, yes, the 32" tires will fit without any rub. There are even folks running 33s on Xs and Saharas without any lift, but they do rub off-road at full articulation. Apparently, on pavement 33s are not a problem
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
LONTON

So I can put 33"s on my 4 door?

You're saying that 33"s won't rub even on a hard turn (wheel cut all the way - one way or another)? Looks like I am going with 33s.

Thanks - LT
LONTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
doojer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONTON
You're saying that 33"s won't rub even on a hard turn (wheel cut all the way - one way or another)? Looks like I am going with 33s.

Thanks - LT
From what I've heard (from folks running unlifted JKs with 33s) they do fine even at full turn but they start to rub pretty badly once you start flexing. If you plan on wheeling your JK and you don't plan on lifting it, I'd stick with 32s.
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #5
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

What width will I be able to put on my X w/ 17" wheels?

As far as I'm aware, the stock tires are 255x75R17s, I believe the 17" rims are 7.5" wide, what degree of flexibility over stock width will I have before I start rubbing anything?

I'm just wondering because there seems to be a dearth of decent off road tires in the stock size, which I'm assuming is too narrow.

Thanks.
Kyoseki is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.