JK vs TJ Price vsToughness Questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK vs TJ Price vsToughness Questions

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-15-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchmanhd
Since you were not trying to be a smart *** and you state that you are a large person, then you most likely realize we are all put together differently. What works for one large person may not work for another. The larger you are the harder it is to fit into the same spot that another person fits.

When I sat in the JK, the seat was all the way down and all the way back. The back of my head hit the roll bar as did my left shoulder. If I reclined the seat back enough to get my head under the rollbar, I could not reach the steering wheel. My TJ fits me much better in all respects than the JK. I am also sure that the JK fits you very well. We are all different.

Hutch
Yep lots of different proportions.. I see where SecondTJ was talkin about hitting on the side of the center stack now. I'm real happy with the way the JK fits me compared to the TJ. I know everyone does not sit in the same postions. When I first got in mine I was worried about foot room with the manual trans. I'm a size 14 and it seemed like I was getting all caught up dn there trying to shift, but after getting used to the space now I look at it as a non issue.

Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2006, 05:27 AM   #17
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy
Yep lots of different proportions.. I see where SecondTJ was talkin about hitting on the side of the center stack now. I'm real happy with the way the JK fits me compared to the TJ. I know everyone does not sit in the same postions. When I first got in mine I was worried about foot room with the manual trans. I'm a size 14 and it seemed like I was getting all caught up dn there trying to shift, but after getting used to the space now I look at it as a non issue.
ya, but it's light years better than my TJ was. I drove one with my GF the other day (we drove a friend's car home for her) and i felt like i was shoulder to the roll bar, and shoulder to the gf!!!
Unread 11-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #18
97_4popper
1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeave96
Hey 4popper,

You said, "You can put 5 people in a TJ. Years ago, I ordered another lap belt for the wife's TJ and mounted it back there because I saw the room you are talking about. I only have 4 in my family, but; many times 1 of their friends wants to tag along. You can get them from any of the normal Jeep catalogs or maybe JCWhitney. I think I got mine from Quadratec. You can mount them using the factory mounts for the existing seat belts.
No way 3 full size adults can fit, but; 3 kids, no problem."

Good idea on the rear lap belt. Question is - is this lap belt addition meant for a 3rd passenger in the back seat? In other words, if I were to install one of these and the neighbor kid went for a ride and we had a wreck, are the lawyers going to ruin me with this 3rd belt addition? Do you buy a "3rd" belt or is the belt meant for something else?

Thanks!
Bill
don't know.
I bought just a regular lap belt. It wasn't meant for a 3rd belt per say.
It should be legal from the DOT as far as I know, but; I'm no lawyer.
Check out comancheclub.com...
My build thread: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=7&t=27756
Wifes: 97 TJ 2.5 4X4 5sp 31's stock. . . Slow but; reliable.
97_4popper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #19
Jef

You will most likely get a better deal on the TJ. Jeep is currently offering a $1750 rebate until the end of November and dealers are working to get rid of the ones they have on their lots.

I just bought one the end of October and ended up with about $3800 discount from MSRP. Almost $5500 off of the added crap the dealer had added into the purchase price of the vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.