JK Upgrade Questions! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 09:37 AM
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

JK's are all 5"x5" bolt pattern

If it's not supposed to move and does use duct tape.
If it's supposed to move and doesn't use WD40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
JordanTheJew
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferninaz
Does anyone know what the bolt pattern on the wheels of a 2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon is? I'm looking for new wheels for my Jeep and I'm interested in one type, but I don't know what bolt pattern to select. I'm thinking matte black 17" Level 8 Trackers with a -6 offset Does this post look familiar? This is from September 2013 when JordantheJew asked what wheels would fit. A bunch of people answered him with bolt patterns and such. How could you still not know what bolt pattern to use after you asked in September of 2013 and many people answered you. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...ttern-1570980/ Do you actually have a Jeep or are you on here just messing about?
I never asked what the bolt pattern was in this post. I accidentally mentioned the wrong thing because I copy and pasted the wrong specs from a page with a bunch of different options. I then corrected myself and posted the right one. If you're not going to contribute to this thread and just troll me, please leave.
post #18 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 10:07 AM
ferninaz
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheJew View Post
I never asked what the bolt pattern was in this post. I accidentally mentioned the wrong thing because I copy and pasted the wrong specs from a page with a bunch of different options. I then corrected myself and posted the right one. If you're not going to contribute to this thread and just troll me, please leave.
Let me contribute, You do not have the mental capacity to undestand how a good quality lift will benefit you so I suggest you get some spacers for your springs and be done.

post #19 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 AM
bhuard972
2012 JK Wrangler 

First, lemmie say congrats on making the first changes to your Jeep... its a very exciting journey to take, especially the first time around. Second, let me reiterate the suggestion to read the stickies available as I have found them to be very helpful when making decisions. Regarding the lift itself, I am from the school of not lifting unless you are trying to gain flexibility and wheel travel. Are you trying to crawl or mud? Perhaps expeditionary style off-roading is more your flavor. Depending on this, and your budget, see what lift kits are geared towards what you want to do though, at the end of the day, most lift kits are the same in the price range you are looking at. Another good idea is to identify the shop that you will have do the work before ordering any parts. If they are good, they will be able to provide insight and suggestions on what and what not to do. Good shop personnel can act not only as a wrench turner but as an overall consultant for your project. Good luck and make sure to post some pics of your ride after things are done!
post #20 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 12:34 PM
grangerdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheJew View Post
So let's see.. I think maybe I'm going to go with Wrangler DuraTrac's LT315/70/R17 on these wheels. This comes out to about $2230 w/out tax, labor, etc.

Now the only question remaining is the lift. Could I get some suggestions on the best 2.5" lift for a decent price? I would like to preferably stay under $4000, if possible.

Thanks for all of the input!!
Pretty happy with mine. I have a Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex. I had considered the max flex and the x-factor but after talking with RK there is slim performance difference between the three with on road handling. I plan on upgrading the lift to the x-factor if I find myself at rausch creek often but I am more then happy with it's performance on road.

I feel like I am over posting this pic at this point, but it may help as I have the same height lift and tires as what you are looking at. Plus, I like seeing my jeep

post #21 of 21 Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 PM
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

sounds like you don't do a lot of offroading. I get out a fair amount and have been to moab a few times and my spacer lift with shocks lasted me about 80k miles before I decided I wanted something else.

You can get a spacer lift with shocks for less than $1000. Or even teraflex's 2.5 spring lift is a pretty good deal.

Tags
build thread , lift advice , tires , upgrade , wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.