JK Unlimited door stops or shocks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Unlimited door stops or shocks?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

JK Unlimited door stops or shocks?

I've searched but cannot seem to find anything. I've seen them for the TJ's but do they make them for the JK (hopefully Unlimited)? I want a way to keep my Rubicon Unlimited doors from swinging open too far when opening and from swinging back and hitting someone upon entry/exit. I know there are a couple companies that make something for the tailgate, but not for the doors? I don't care for the nylon straps. Something like these from Armadillo Industries but for the JK's.
Armadillo Industries 41190-S - Billet Mechanical Door Stops in Anodized Silver for 87-06 Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
Thanks in advance for the help!
-Jeff

JKashat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

As far as I know a similar product for the JK doesn't yet exist; however, I think with a little modification you could probably make the ones in the link you posted work with the JK.

If this thread stays on the first page to remind me to do so, I will take a look at the size and location of the footman loop and body side strap mount on both of my Jeep to see if they are similar.
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's not a bad idea about modifying the ones from the link. I might consider checking into that.
If you are able to look at the size and locations to see if they are similare that would be great.
If this thread goes to the next page I'll bump it back up, lol. Thanks!
Unread 11-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bump! I know I can't possibly be the only person who may want this.
Unread 11-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
rennypogo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just put a twist in the srap.
rennypogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
Do'h! Sorry, I forgot! Told ya I would. JK is at the shop right now, I'll check stuff out when it gets back.
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Or buy something other than a Jeep.
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
Or buy something other than a Jeep.
Not an option for me, I can't wait for my Rubicon to arrive.

But, I do want all the amenities that I have come to be used to from other vehicles. I'll be adding heated seats, rear view mirror w/ garage opener buttons and & lights, power mirrors (if possible), door shocks/stops (if available), tailgate shock/stop, hood shocks, insulated Freedom Top, and ??? That's all I can think of as far as amenities.

There are plenty of modifications I plan on as well, starting with tinted windows, Delta headlights/markers/turn signals, IPCW LED taillights/3rd brake light, and possibly the MBRP roof rack system for my Yakima Snow Board Rack.
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
Its just not something most people would want, kind of like a hummer hood applicae.
Unread 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Its just not something most people would want, kind of like a hummer hood applicae.
You don't think most people would want a way of keeping their doors from possibly swinging shut on someone or swinging out and hitting possibly something like another car? Oh, come on.
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think most people have these things called hands.
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I've never had an issue with the doors.

The front doors on my wife's van can swing open and the wind can blow them closed. I've seen plenty of other vehicles where the doors have opened into vehicles. Not sure what is different about the JK. I know it's only a strap, but it still limits movement and nothing is going to stop a strong wind.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

They would be nice to have on a 2dr when you're parked on a hill trying to load stuff into the back and the door keeps shutting on you.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
RacingRandie
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thats just 1 more thing to disconnect when you take the doors off.
RacingRandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
hkenny90
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor View Post
They would be nice to have on a 2dr when you're parked on a hill trying to load stuff into the back and the door keeps shutting on you.
then just turn the car around problem solved
hkenny90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.