Jk Turn Signals (how To Change Them) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jk Turn Signals (how To Change Them)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
DANIMAL197
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk Turn Signals (how To Change Them)

Hi Everyone, I just bought a set of the smoked/tinted side marker turn signals for my JK. I'm a mechanically inclined person, but i went out in the freezing cold just now to try to take the OEM lens out and it "looks weird". before i go out and freeze some more in the next couple of days, and start to try to rip stuff apart, has anyone replaced these or taken them out already that can tell me how to do it?

DANIMAL197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

If they didn't come with instructions on how to remove the old side markers, do yourself a favor and go here:
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/92421.pdf

That's the directions for how to install the rugged ridge Euro Light Guards for the side markers. When I blacked out my side markers it was a must read, because like you I couldn't figure out how the heck they came out. Even with the directions it's a PITA.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
DANIMAL197
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks a bunch!
Unread 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
SilvRSpeedX3
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIMAL197 View Post
Hi Everyone, I just bought a set of the smoked/tinted side marker turn signals for my JK. I'm a mechanically inclined person, but i went out in the freezing cold just now to try to take the OEM lens out and it "looks weird". before i go out and freeze some more in the next couple of days, and start to try to rip stuff apart, has anyone replaced these or taken them out already that can tell me how to do it?
where did you get them
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
DANIMAL197
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by DANIMAL197; 01-09-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

They're made by Recon at least the LED ones are. www.gorecon.com

Edit: The ones danimal got are not the Recon ones. Frankly for side markers, the one he purchased are probably the way to go, as I don't know that you really need to have LEDs there. Especially when they're about half the cost. Doesn't look like they make the turn signals though, so recon's $100 option looks like the only one for purchase. Really pretty easy to do them yourself though with VHT nightshades.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
DANJEEPO8
2008 JK Wrangler 

???

Well, i was outside again earlier (it's about 20 degrees outside by the way) and i pulled as hard as i could on the fender and the inside plastic fender liner and i can't get them far enough apart to pull the lens out. I've decided to wait until spring when it's not freezing and go at it again. sucks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.