JK with True tracs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK with True tracs

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 10-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro3000
I'm also not that concerned with directional stability in snow because if it's in 4 hi, in snow, im going slow anyway. I drive like an old man to begin with.
Just wanted to make sure you understood!
I don't have experience with a Truetrac in front, so I don't know if there is any binding without torque being applied. I want to say that there isn't much but I'd have to look at the design again. If there was, there could always be a potential that you'd feel some wobbling from the axle u joints when turning but I don't think it would be an issue with that setup.

brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I 2WD, without any input to the front axles, the tru-trac should lie dormant. Only in 4WD, with front slippage, should the axle lock up. And will only be locked up for a short time. In 2WD now there in no binding.
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Just wanted to make sure you understood!
I don't have experience with a Truetrac in front, so I don't know if there is any binding without torque being applied. I want to say that there isn't much but I'd have to look at the design again. If there was, there could always be a potential that you'd feel some wobbling from the axle u joints when turning but I don't think it would be an issue with that setup.

There is absolutely no "binding" and is completely un-noticeable in 2wheel drive. It is comfortable in 4 wheel drive also.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.