Jk trackbar bolt upgrade. DO IT!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jk trackbar bolt upgrade. DO IT!!!

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 10-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #16
tslewisz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsiavosh90 View Post
So for 13$ I went to our local hardware store and picked up x2 9/16 18unf x 3.0 grade 8 shouldered bolts with washers and x2 9/16 18unf stover top lock nuts and I am amazed I haven't done this sooner. Shortly after my 2.5 rubicon express lift and new joints all the way around ( ball joints, drag links, tie rod ends and a rubicon express steering stabilizer) I was still getting massive shakes (and one occurrence of DW) in the steering wheel over bumps. Only a days worth of driving with new trackbar bolts in but what a difference in the feel over bumps. Just wanted to back everyone who has said to do this upgrade on the forum and encourage every jk owner to swap out those 14mm bolts with threads all the way to the head of the bolt.
Good stuff. 2 bolts? Did you do both ends of the front or 1 end on each?

tslewisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz

Good stuff. 2 bolts? Did you do both ends of the front or 1 end on each?
With what came in my AEV and Northridge kit combined, I have replaced both ends on trackbar, both ends on upper CA's and frame side on lower CA's. As per this thread I ordered the synergy cam washers and will be replacing axle side lower CA's. Easy and inexpensive upgrade.
HighandLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

^Which AEV kit do you have? I'm leaning towards the 2.5" dual sport kit.
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
HighandLow
Stay Frosty...

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrancis
^Which AEV kit do you have? I'm leaning towards the 2.5" dual sport kit.
Sorry, I was referring to the AEV geo correction bracket kit. It came with sleeves for the OEM metric bolts on the upper and lower CA's frame side to eliminate the threads. I have heard good things about that lift though. Cheers!
HighandLow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.