JK suspensions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK suspensions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

JK suspensions

Hey Guys,

What are the differences between the normal and the performance suspensions that are listed for the JK. I've been looking at a loaded 09 X and the Rubicon. Dealer wasn't able to answer the question.

Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
IHLXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Idk if you meant the axles and stuff when you said suspension, but I think the only difference the Rubicon has from the X is basically that it has D44's front and rear, lockers, 4:1 transfer case, swaybar disconnects, and 4:10 gears.

Idk i could be missing sruff
IHLXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
2008 JK Wrangler 

All these different springs are there for a reason. I just looked into the parts catalog and noticed close to 20 different part numbers... Why.. May be it is related to wheelbase, vehicle weight load per axle... I am sure they all have different spring rates and free length.. This combined with axle load will define spring frequency..
I wonder why...might it be to control DW...
USAntigoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
dparkhill
2007 JK Wrangler 

the difference is shocks, gears, skid plates.and tires i think. should give alittle bit more ground clearence for off road

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.