JK Stock Curb Height Measurements - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Stock Curb Height Measurements

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

JK Stock Curb Height Measurements

I have seen some questions regarding stock ride height.

The vehicle suspension height should be measured before performing wheel alignment procedure. Also when front suspension components have been replaced. This measure must be performed with the vehicle supporting it's own weight and taken on both sides of the vehicle.
Front and rear curb heights are not adjustable. The spring selections determine curb height for acceptable appearance of the vehicle.

Curb height dimensions assume full fluids (including fuel) and zero passengers.

Refer to the pictures below for front and rear curb height dimensions.

Vehicle curb height audits should be performed utilizing the following procedure:

NOTE: Make sure the vehicle is in 2WD when checking curb height.

1. Bounce the front of the vehicle five times.
2. Measure and record the dimensions

Front – On each side of the vehicle, measure the distance from the bottom of the jounce bumper cup to the top lip of the inner spring seat on axle.

Rear – On each side of the vehicle, measure the distance from the bottom of the jounce bumper cup to the top of the rear axle.

ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks i was wonder how my lift settled in after about 3 years. my 3.5 lift is still at 4+ front. at 8" from jounce bumper cup to the top lip of the inner spring seat. with a 50/50 ratio of 5 up and 5 down.
Unread 09-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

So if I get this straight - at the front/rear, heights are (lwb) - 2.48/4.01, 3.66/5.19 or 3.81/5.35. Three different factory heights.
First I've seen of any written data - but I was always told the Rubi is already lifted from the factory.

Now if only I could remember which forum member it was who soundly "corrected" me when I repeated my anecdotal knowledge of this by stating there are three stock heights and the Rubi comes in at the tallest.... and refuted me saying there are no different "lift heights" for trim levels - only different spring rates to yield the same height on different weighted vehicles.

So the question I asked two years ago (what height is the base for lift) has finally been answered. When planning where you will end up - use the 4X2 as the base and add lift kit advertised lift - then subtract model height. Of course a PUCK lift will raise the thickness of the puck period.

IE:
Rubi/ 2.5 lift
Front - 2.48+2.5= 4.98, 4.98-3.81= 1.17" above stock on a Rubi.
Rear - 4.01+2.5= 6.5, 6.5-5.35= 1.15 above on Unlimited Rubi, 1.25 on two door.
The range is +.98 to -.47 (a 1.5 inch spread) so NEW it should see all of 2 all around and "settle" over the years (or with the addition of weight) to the above 1.15ish area.

Just measured mine and its right in that ballpark. +.75 for the spacers I am running as a test for desired install height, -.25 for bumpers/winch and I am dead on and in the upper of the range where I expect new springs to be...
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

heh Heh, it was me partner and it wasn't a correction-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
So if I get this straight - at the front/rear, heights are (lwb) - 2.48/4.01, 3.66/5.19 or 3.81/5.35. Three different factory heights.
First I've seen of any written data - but I was always told the Rubi is already lifted from the factory.

Now if only I could remember which forum member it was who soundly "corrected" me when I repeated my anecdotal knowledge of this - and stated there are three stock heights and the Rubi comes in at the tallest.... and refuted me saying there are no different "lift heights" for trim levels - only different spring rates to yield the same height on different weighted vehicles.
It was a statement of variable stock heights and I asked if you concurred !

I wouldn't attempt to correct you or RJ-

I just sometimes(?) look at things differently !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
heh Heh, it was me partner and it wasn't a correction-

It was a statement of variable stock heights and I asked if you concurred !

I wouldn't attempt to correct you or RJ-

I just sometimes(?) look at things differently !

JIMBO
No it wasn't you Jim, it was the second post I ever made on the forum over two years ago when trying to figure out how much lift I needed for a target ride height. I think you are thinking of todays exchange between you and slade in the other thread? I was always told 2wd no lift, 4wd 1 inch, Rubi 1.5 so thats what I asked about WAYYYYYY back then - which height does a 2.5 lift add to since lifts do not differentiate for model? And I got TROUNCED for "there are not three factory lift levels by model". I figured I had it wrong until today....
Unread 09-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

RIGHT-and SLADE expanded on the stock height variance-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
No it wasn't you Jim, it was the second post I ever made on the forum over two years ago when trying to figure out how much lift I needed for a target ride height. I think you are thinking of todays exchange between you and slade in the other thread? I was always told 2wd no lift, 4wd 1 inch, Rubi 1.5 so thats what I asked about WAYYYYYY back then - which height does a 2.5 lift add to since lifts do not differentiate for model? And I got TROUNCED for "there are not three factory lift levels by model". I figured I had it wrong until today....
I still wouldn't wanna try to correct you/RJ/SLADE/222doc and a few others-

I just get mislead when I see advice from TJ/YJ owners, not that they are necessarily wrong, just playing in a different league-

Whatever-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.