JK seats compared to TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK seats compared to TJ

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

JK seats compared to TJ

I think the seats in TJ's of all years are some of the most comfortable seats in any vehicle. From the little experience I've had with JK they don't seem to be as wide because of the odd bolsters in the seats. Do you guys find the JK seats to be comfortable? If you had a TJ did you like the TJ seats better?

Unread 04-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
WheelieTime
2010 JK Wrangler 

after a day of wheeling I sat in my buddies TJ and there is definitely a difference. TJ felt way way more comfortable to me.
WheelieTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
jprcrpr
2015 KL Cherokee 

For me the JK seats are more comfortable than the TJ's I have owned in the past. That is not to say the TJ's were uncomfortable.
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert View Post
I think the seats in TJ's of all years are some of the most comfortable seats in any vehicle. From the little experience I've had with JK they don't seem to be as wide because of the odd bolsters in the seats. Do you guys find the JK seats to be comfortable? If you had a TJ did you like the TJ seats better?
I hate these JK seats. They kill my back.

I will put new seats in the jeep someday.

and yes I agree that the TJ seats were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat on in a vehicle.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I was thinking that the JK seats are better than the TJ’s. Seems to be a bit firmer.
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd say it has a lot to do with your height and weight. I can't stand sitting in a TJ, but I'm 6'7" and 275 lbs. Almost no vehicle "fits" me, but the JK is far better for me than the TJ was. I've also found that vehicles with cushy seats feel good when you get in but suck after about 2 hours, whereas the firmer euro style seats they use now don't feel great but are much better for long trips.
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
rjt36
2009 JK Wrangler 

A lot of people don't really like the JK seats, but I like them a lot more than the seats I had in my TJ. I'm a smaller guy, so they fit me perfectly. I added some seat heaters and now they're the best seat I've ever had.
rjt36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've spent a lot of time in both and i personally like the jk seats better.
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

which TJ seats? ...they changed them. Both of my TJ's had different seats. The '97 was way worse than the '03. I personally like the JK seats better than either ...HOWEVER, cleaning the JK seats are impossible (in case you car about that).
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

^^ I've had a good amount of seat time in both version of the TJ seats. They are both good to me.
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Alea_Iacta_Est
2010 JK Wrangler 

Family had a TJ, I bought a JK recently; have sat in both types lots. The JK seats are the MOST posturepedic seats I've ever sat in, in any car ever. They really support your back and feel nice to sit in for extended amounts of time.
Alea_Iacta_Est is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea_Iacta_Est View Post
Family had a TJ, I bought a JK recently; have sat in both types lots. The JK seats are the MOST posturepedic seats I've ever sat in, in any car ever. They really support your back and feel nice to sit in for extended amounts of time.
How are they posturepedic when the backrest is completely flat with absolutely zero lumbar support nor lower back curve? Humans don't have a completely flat spine.
asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asknight View Post
How are they posturepedic when the backrest is completely flat with absolutely zero lumbar support nor lower back curve? Humans don't have a completely flat spine.
Posterpedic is a brand of mattress so I don't know what that has to do with the curve of your spine? Safe to say it's fits the average or whatever they consider average, most common size and body type person. But like they say on sesami street we are all different shapes and sizes. I can't imagine a seat that fits me well would fit a woman a foot shorter and 150 lbs lighter the same.
Unread 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

i didnt mind the JK seats. drove from Las Vegas to KC a lot with no issues. now i have SRT-8 seats from a 300C installed. love the adjustablitiy of them. drove I-70 from Kansas City to Moab to Las Vegas back to Moab and from Moab to KC via I-40. i thought they were great. GF had no complaints.

they fit but are tight. also they sit up about 3-4 inches taller. I'm 6'1" and have about 3" headroom above me. but SRT-8 seats cost me $900 and the 2nd set for the rear (buckets) were $1200. both bought off E-bay

wiring was a pain but since weve done it i do have wiring diagrams used.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
HungryHeart
2012 JK Wrangler 

I love the JK except for the seats. The fact that the passenger seat does not fold and tumble is a big loser
There is something about a deliberate design flaw that irks me, but I'm tired of complaining. Time to get over it.
HungryHeart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.