JK Sahara Unlimited w/WK2 Overland Wheels! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Sahara Unlimited w/WK2 Overland Wheels!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
RideDirty
2011 JK Wrangler 

JK Sahara Unlimited w/WK2 Overland Wheels!

MALL CRAWLER ALERT!

I'm gonna get hell for this, I know, but I don't mind a little heckling as long somebody can answer my question. I wanna put the WK2 Overland 20" wheels on my black Sahara Unlimited JK and keep the tire size the same. Here's what I've found in my research:

Stock Sahara wheels are:
18"x7.5"
5"x5" (5"x127mm) Lug Pattern
45mm Offset
6" Backspacing
32" Tires

2011 GC Overland Wheels are:
20"x8"
5"x5" (5"x127mm) Lug Pattern
56mm Offset
6.5" Backspacing

Are those numbers correct? Will it fit? I'm hoping they can just mount right on with no adjustments. I read somewhere that the 18" Sahara wheels mount right on to the WK2, but I want it to be the other way around. I can't post a pic of my idea in the thread because I'm a noob so I uploaded a poorly photoshopped pic of my idea as my profile pic. C'mon, does it really look that bad? I think it looks pretty BAD-A! Thanks in advance for the help! BTW, I have a '99 TJ for off-road. This is my daily driver.

RideDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Rescue13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Im not exactly sure. But as you posted, the BS is not as large on the WK2 wheels. So it may rub. If it does. Just buy spacers and fix the .5 inch bs difference
Rescue13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

If those numbers are correct you will need spacers.
A set of 1-1/2" spacers will give the needed clearance and a better look with the tires out at the edge of the flares.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

let's see pictures when you're done. Sounds cool.
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
RideDirty
2011 JK Wrangler 

No haters yet? I'm shocked! Thanks fellas! I will definitely post pics when I'm finished.
RideDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
chango
2014 JK Wrangler 

Don't forget lots of chrome and a lowering kit too.

Thank you for not posting pictures, BTW. It will keep the hate down.
chango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
pelzdog
2011 WK 

unlimited rims to wk2 overland hemi

HI, The goodyear fortera's on my 2011 GC Overland Hemi are terrible in the snow to the point of them being a safety hazard. I currently run OEM 20's and have located a set of 18's off an Unlimited with good rubber. Hoping to run them in the winter months. Can anyone advise me if they will fit on my Jeep? As I understand, I've got the HD brakes with oversize calipers obviously. Any direction would be appreciated.
pelzdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.