JK Rubi Status Changes... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Rubi Status Changes...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

JK Rubi Status Changes...

Called customer service at DC today. My JK Unlimited Rubi went BX after being in BG since July 17th.

Anyone know how long BX to D or D1 generally takes?

Thanks!

Unread 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
FzyPchz
2007 JK Wrangler 

I haven't see any threads on timeframes from BX to D. My Sahara was ordered on 11/1, was in BX in 11/13, but then on 12/1 went back to BG! Go figure. It's all a mystery to me. I probably won't see it til Jan at the earliest.
FzyPchz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Area 51

My Rubicon was ordered on 10/9

On 10/23 it moved from BG to BX status.

On 11/14 it moved back to BG status. Dealer never could get a reason why the change

On 12/5, it went back to BX

I'm not sure that BX means much other than maybe the 800 number people were getting tired of me calling and being disappointed that it hadn't moved, so they changed the code again to see if they could get me excited.
Area 51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
infosponge

I went through this with my Sahara, if I remember correctly. It went from BG to BX, and then there was a supply issue on some part or something and then it went back to BG "with restrictions" until that issue was resolved and then back to BX before moving on to D and then my garage.
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2006, 01:32 AM   #5
infosponge

I went through this with my Sahara, if I remember correctly. It went from BG to BX, and then there was a supply issue on some part or something and then it went back to BG "with restrictions" until that issue was resolved and then back to BX before moving on to D and then my garage.
infosponge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

Called this morning (12/10/06) went from BX to C. Hey, its progress.
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
Crazy88888s

Picked mine up yesterday. Dealer here says most of the parts restrictions are ending soon. Not sure if he knows/is right.
Crazy88888s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
Area 51

Update on mine, back to BG

My Rubicon was ordered on 10/9

On 10/23 it moved from BG to BX status.

On 11/14 it moved back to BG status. Dealer never could get a reason why the change

On 12/5, it went back to BX

On 12/12 it was back to BG. Dealer trying to determine exact reason...preliminary was that it was twofold...Rubicon and hard top/dual top. They were told that district rep was fairly sure he could get it picked up IF I would go to a soft top only, and buy the hard top seperately later. I told them that was fine, as long as the district rep was authorizing a buy on the hard top from the parts department for the $1595 the option was from the factory. They have not heard from him since.

Not expecting it any time soon at this stage...have heard that the factory shuts down for 2 weeks at Christmas....whether that shutdown starts next week through the 1st, or after next week through the first week after the new year, not sure...or even if the info I was told is 100% accurate on the 2 week shut down.

But next week will be 10 weeks without even a build date...add on 2 weeks for shutdown, and the best I could hope to be seeing this thing if it somehow got picked up right away at the first of the year is late January...14-16 weeks from order.
Unread 12-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

Got a call from my dealer today. Hit D status. I figure it should go D1 first of the year.

Quote:
But next week will be 10 weeks without even a build date...
It could be worse. The Rubi I am getting was originally ordered by the dealer back in July!

Unread 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #10
Area 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypractv
Got a call from my dealer today. Hit D status. I figure it should go D1 first of the year.

It could be worse. The Rubi I am getting was originally ordered by the dealer back in July!

Not even trying to say I have been waiting as long as some folks have been.

Just that I don't think the "wait" is over yet for many.

What options did you order on yours? MyGig?

I do seriously question Jeep's ordering structure in that orders can sit months on end waiting, and yet others can order and get theirs to move from BG-BX to D1 in under a month for literally the same vehicle.

Seems there needs to be some balancing of order priority so that one is not so screwed based on which dealer they ordered from...and whether you picked one that had tons of allocation or not.
Unread 12-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
hypractv
2008 JK Wrangler 

The only extras on my Rubicon are the dual top option and the power conv. group.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.