JK Rubi springs to JKU Rubi prings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Rubi springs to JKU Rubi prings

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 07-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

JK Rubi springs to JKU Rubi prings

Sorry guys, I thought I saved the thread, but I didn't. I searched via the Search feature and just went through the last 15 pages and I can't find the thread.

Someone posted the steps taken to swap springs. It was very quick and to the point. Could someone break it down for me?

Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

This thread should answer your questions. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...t+installation
It's a farely easy project. Just take your time and pay attention to the brake lines and wires when you lower the axles. Removing the lower track-bar bolt the sway-bar links and the and the lower shock bolts makes it very easy to lower the axle enough to swap the springs.
Check out that thread and if you have any more questions feel free to ask them here.
Good luck.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
This thread should answer your questions. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...t+installation
It's a farely easy project. Just take your time and pay attention to the brake lines and wires when you lower the axles. Removing the lower track-bar bolt the sway-bar links and the and the lower shock bolts makes it very easy to lower the axle enough to swap the springs.
Check out that thread and if you have any more questions feel free to ask them here.
Good luck.
Thank you, Brother. I never thought of "Swapping Springs" in the search box.
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
ncb

Make sure you torque all the fasteners to spec with a quality torque wrench. Improperly tightened track bar bolts will lead to death wobble.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Make sure you torque all the fasteners to spec with a quality torque wrench. Improperly tightened track bar bolts will lead to death wobble.
Thanks

Here's a question/afterthought: Will my Rubi Shocks be ok, or should I look for JKU Rubi shocks?
Unread 07-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
ncb

I think the shocks are identical.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I think the shocks are identical.
Awesome. I kept going back and forth in my head why they would or wouldn't be the same.

Tags
coil springs , JK Wrangler , spring installation , spring swap , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.