JK roof panels filling with water... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK roof panels filling with water...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well now I have new door seals, hope I'm fixed. I bought the hardtop hoping it would not leak, but this has been down right stupid.

danski999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

If your tops were leaking, they will still leak with new seals. I had new seals installed because of leaks to the interior. I had a new right side top replaced because the top would let water leak inside. Your dealer is an idiot.
Unread 08-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #18
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

This happened to me too on my 07 JK. I used to take the panels and doors off all the time. Then one day after serious rain a few summers ago I found my cup holders filled with water. When I opened my doors, water used to drip off the side of my panels right into the Jeep on the mats. It was annoying. I took it to the dealer cause the jeep was still under warranty. Without question they gave me new thicker seals on the panels and both of my doors and they tested it before they gave it back to me. They did say that not having those giant screws tightening the panels to the frame makes for a leak invitation but this was my third summer without the screws. Anyway, I bought the screws to be safe and never had a problem since the seals were replaced (I didn't really use the screws so I can't say that made a difference). Hope you get this fixed.
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
If your tops were leaking, they will still leak with new seals. I had new seals installed because of leaks to the interior. I had a new right side top replaced because the top would let water leak inside. Your dealer is an idiot.
They replaced both tops already, new seals up top, new seals around the doors now to. Hoping this is all fixed now. I was just down to a little leak around the passenger door in heavy rain. Dealer has fixed it, but they dont seem to be real concerned about making me happy. The dealship where I bought my Liberty bends over backwards to make me happy, they even call you a few days after any service to make sure you are happy. I will never buy another jeep where I bought this wrangler.
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
zadro4
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have the same problem with the driver and passenger panels holding water. I have an appt. with the dealer on Friday to have them look into it again. I know now to ask for new panels. The last time they said I didnt put them back in properly. This time I haven't taken them out at all since the dealer last removed the water and reinstalled them. Thanks for posting.
zadro4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
danski999
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well got the wrangler back again, once again they have replaced all the seals, seals on the roof-freedom tops- and the door seals. The tech they sent in told them that they were over laping the seals. OK I can buy that but I guess they installed those seals wrong at the factory also because it started leaking 2 months after I bought it. Also they had 5 other wranglers there with the same issue. I just hope its fixed. The dealership is really sucking up to me now to, since I wrote them the worst review I could when Jeep e-mailed me a customer comment review.

At this point if it starts leaking again, I'll just go to the dealer where I bought my Liberty. They actually care about their customers there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.