JK / Mopar - Winch & Bumper - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK / Mopar - Winch & Bumper

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #31
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin_T9
Am I the only one who think the factory fog lights are ugly as sin?
Are you crazy? They're one of the best things about this Jeep. Personally, I have a hard time seeing at night, so the more light, the better. I get better light with the low beams + fogs on than I do with the high-beams on. I just hope I do not "lose fill" when the lights get spaced further apart once my AEV bumper is installed.

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #32
CCrew
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmpros
$1,130 - 10% for the Winch.
What winch? That's vaseline territory there.

-R
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #33
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

FYI for anyone who may be interested - I installed some backup lights in my JK Mopar rear bumper. Picts are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/1932603...7603041845409/ for general viewing.

Complete write-up is located at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/backup-light-solutions-484697/.

Last edited by waterboarder; 11-23-2007 at 09:22 PM..
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #34
Quentin_T
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog
Are you crazy? They're one of the best things about this Jeep. Personally, I have a hard time seeing at night, so the more light, the better. I get better light with the low beams + fogs on than I do with the high-beams on. I just hope I do not "lose fill" when the lights get spaced further apart once my AEV bumper is installed.
You know it's the stock front bumper, makes it look like a cross-eyed kid or something. I guess they are too close together for my taste.

Nice work on the backup lights! I like em!
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #35
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin_T9
You know it's the stock front bumper, makes it look like a cross-eyed kid or something. I guess they are too close together for my taste.
Funny you should mention this issue. I will soon be installing the AEV bumper on the front, which requires the fog lights to be much further apart. They'll be closer to where the headlights are. So now I am wondering if this will have much of an effect on the "fill" that the fogs provide - will they be drowned out by the headlights and really become much less effective? Does anyone know? I guess I will find out soon.

Quote:
Nice work on the backup lights! I like em!
Thanks!
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #36
JK-Roamer
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also have a mopar winch mountable bumper on my JK. I'm looking to purchase and mount the Warn Powerplant HP on it but am unsure whether or not it will fit with the lower winch guard bar. Has anyone ran into similar problems or dealt with this issue?
JK-Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #37
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's a thread with mods on the subject.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/m...rplant-622618/
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #38
kik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmpros View Post
I just purchased a 2008 Jeep Rubicon.

The delaer is intalling a Mopar Winch and Bumper...but appears to have never done it before. They are not clear on able to answer the following questions:

1 - Has anoyone seen or purchased the Mopar Winch and Bumper? How is it? Do you like it? The Winch is a Warn 9,500lb cCapacity I believe. Any comments or opinions on the Mopar Factor Winch & Bumper?

2 - Does the Mopar Winch Bumper have Tow Recovery Hooks? It does not appear that it does. The dealer claims the ones from the old bumper do not fit and I need to buy new ones that do fit. Is this true?

3 - The dealer says my Friends and Family Discount does not apply to the Winch and Bumper. Is this true?

Any help wold be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rich
I ordered the Mopar off road bumper (with fog lights) from the dealer along with the Warn 9.5 low profile winch. The factory tow hooks fit perfect in that bumper. There are a few off road bumpers offered by Chrysler, it depends what you're looking for. Everything fits and works perfect. You can get the bumper to fit with the stock fogs or not. The tow hooks from the original front bumper just transferred over. I found that with some dealers it's best to show them what you want. Get their catalog and have them get the correct parts if you're going with Mopar. In answer to your question I have the off road Mopar bumper with tow hooks, fog lights and Warn winch. The dealer gave me 15% off on everything. Each dealer is different regarding discounts. Some will charge you full list and others will discount.
kik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #39
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik View Post
I ordered the Mopar off road bumper (with fog lights) from the dealer along with the Warn 9.5 low profile winch. The factory tow hooks fit perfect in that bumper. There are a few off road bumpers offered by Chrysler, it depends what you're looking for. Everything fits and works perfect. You can get the bumper to fit with the stock fogs or not. The tow hooks from the original front bumper just transferred over. I found that with some dealers it's best to show them what you want. Get their catalog and have them get the correct parts if you're going with Mopar. In answer to your question I have the off road Mopar bumper with tow hooks, fog lights and Warn winch. The dealer gave me 15% off on everything. Each dealer is different regarding discounts. Some will charge you full list and others will discount.
You do realize you are answering a thread that is almost 3 years old. Alot has happened since he wrote the original post.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #40
kik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You do realize you are answering a thread that is almost 3 years old. Alot has happened since he wrote the original post.
You can learn something new every day.
kik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #41
wmphoto
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrogers View Post
I have both the front and rear Mopar bumpers with a Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. And I like them!

The Mopar bumper uses the factory tow hooks. Nothing new needed.

I don't know about your Friends and Family Discount. But I believe you can get the bumpers cheaper than that. I purchased mine from my local dealer for cost plus 10%. This is about the price you will find from the "online" dealers. The front bumper was about $480 and the rear was $454.
I'm jealous... I got the mopar winch bumper with the fog lights... They off set the hole so much for Warn winches that that winch you have and I wanted the Superwinch epi 9000 doesn't fit...I've ended up getting the Warn xd900i instead... That Superwinch would have been just as good.

Last edited by wmphoto; 12-03-2010 at 01:37 AM..
wmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.