JK / Mopar - Winch & Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK / Mopar - Winch & Bumper

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
Filmpros
2008 JK Wrangler 

JK / Mopar - Winch & Bumper

I just purchased a 2008 Jeep Rubicon.

The delaer is intalling a Mopar Winch and Bumper...but appears to have never done it before. They are not clear on able to answer the following questions:

1 - Has anoyone seen or purchased the Mopar Winch and Bumper? How is it? Do you like it? The Winch is a Warn 9,500lb cCapacity I believe. Any comments or opinions on the Mopar Factor Winch & Bumper?

2 - Does the Mopar Winch Bumper have Tow Recovery Hooks? It does not appear that it does. The dealer claims the ones from the old bumper do not fit and I need to buy new ones that do fit. Is this true?

3 - The dealer says my Friends and Family Discount does not apply to the Winch and Bumper. Is this true?

Any help wold be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rich

Filmpros is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

I have both the front and rear Mopar bumpers with a Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. And I like them!

The Mopar bumper uses the factory tow hooks. Nothing new needed.

I don't know about your Friends and Family Discount. But I believe you can get the bumpers cheaper than that. I purchased mine from my local dealer for cost plus 10%. This is about the price you will find from the "online" dealers. The front bumper was about $480 and the rear was $454.
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
TXStateAg
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you do your own install? How hard was it? I know when I was looking at the installation instructions for the AEV bumper, it required cutting the crush cans from the factory bumper, which made me a bit leary.
TXStateAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Yes I installed it myself. Installation is pretty easy.

You'll want someone to help you if you are installing a winch since you need to "set" the winch in the bumper as you bolt the bumper to the ends of the frame. No hard, but kinda heavy.
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here's mine:

I went with the mopar bumper, mopar fogs/wiring harness, but I didn't want to spend that crazy amount on a warn winch. I bought a Superwinch EPI 9.0, reviewed to be pretty much just as good as a warn at half the cost. More assorted pictures in my signature.
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
TXStateAg
2008 JK Wrangler 

It appears that the Mopar bumper cannot accommodate the factory fog lights.
TXStateAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Matthew Davis
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStateAg
It appears that the Mopar bumper cannot accommodate the factory fog lights.
It does not, which is too bad because it is a really great looking bumper (one of the best looking IMO). I don't like the look of the add-on lights at all and I don't want to give up my existing factory lights. ... so I am still on the bumper hunt.

-Matt
Matthew Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Someone on the other JK wrangler forum integrated foglights into this mopar bumper of his. He went to his local hardware store, purchased the parts, and did the installation for next to nothing.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...ight=foglights
JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
mgaspard
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrogers
I have both the front and rear Mopar bumpers with a Superwinch EPi 9.0 winch. And I like them!

I don't know about your Friends and Family Discount. But I believe you can get the bumpers cheaper than that. I purchased mine from my local dealer for cost plus 10%. This is about the price you will find from the "online" dealers. The front bumper was about $480 and the rear was $454.

Did your new bumper include tow hooks? I just ordered one but my JK does not have tow hooks. Will I need to purchase them seperatedly?
mgaspard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

When you install the mopar bumper, you simply take the tow hooks from the original bumper and re-use them on your new bumper.

I'd reccomend getting some shackles for the rear bumper too. I have that as well, here's a shot of my behind. ;-)

Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

hey brett bumpers look great, did you have any issues installing the superwinch into the mopar bumper?
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #12
Filmpros
2008 JK Wrangler 

This looks good. Better without the fog lights.

Do you have a shot of the rear bumper?

Did you buy the bumper with the winch for $480? The List Price is $1,130

Quote:

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #13
Filmpros
2008 JK Wrangler 

Front "Winch Ready" Bumper is $555.00 List without the Winch. FF is supposed to be 25% Off .... but dealer says they can only do 10% of the Winch and the Bumper....25% off everything else. I am paying $499.50 for the Front Bumper and $1,130 - 10% for the Winch.

Quote:

Unread 11-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

You might regret not having foglights in bad weather. I know when I actually need them, I am VERY glad I have them. And when comparing to my roommate's Rubicon(he's got the same Jeep as me, except he won't modify/add anything to it at all and it's red), I have noticed that my new foglights are brighter and have a better field of light than the stock ones do.

And to answer the other question, the Superwinch fit in with ease. I had to use "Elevator Bolts" to attach the roller fairlead BEFORE putting in the winch. But the install works with ease, you can add the winch after already installng the bumper too. I love my setup.
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
victoriajk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the mopar bumper and the (dealer recommended) Warn 9.5ti.
After a lift kit, my headlights arent enough to see at night. I need my fog lights.
The headlights are not very adjustable (only 1 adjusting screw) so there isnt much you can do about it other than use the fogs.

I'm not happy with the look of the Mopar fog lights but there are other things I want to mod first.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...7/IMG_0259.jpg

Last edited by victoriajk; 11-10-2007 at 01:37 PM..
victoriajk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.