I have my set up at home. Did you use the one gallon or two. How many coats as listed above. Where did you find u had to use the paint brush the most to get into the small areas? Good looking job. How long from beginning to end?
It looks like you took off the sound dampening crap, was wondering how hard that was to take off and what you used. Looks much better without it.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
The project took the 2 coats recommended. So far happy with the results. I started on a friday night with the teardown and some scuffing. Spent saturday finishing the scuffing, tapping off, and rolling it. It says to let the coats dry 4-5 hrs between coats. It only took around 3hrs to get dry, so then I started the second. Let it dry till the next day. It seemed to be dry enough to put it back together. It still does smell inside and its been about a week.
As far as the dampening crap... I only removed the stuff in the back area. Figured I'd leave it up front because I'm leaving floor mats in. I used a wire wheel and a drill. Although I have read some post that a hammer and chisel work. Took me an hr or 2 to clear out. Not sure if you can see but I removed the trunk brackets and welded the holes shut, also added an area to weld a custom trunk in later. I plan on doing it eventually. Just dont have the time right now..... Thanks to all....