JK Lift! Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Lift! Help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
switters88

1998 TJ Wrangler 

JK Lift! Help!

Can anybody help? I'm looking at lifting my 2012 JK Unlimited and need some direction... can anybody lend some helpful advice? I posted a thread in a couple different forums today but have not received any responses. Looking to lift Jeep this weekend.

switters88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
EDGEY
2008 JK Wrangler 

My advice - read, read, research, read, read, read some more. Fill in your profile, and let everyone know what your intent is with the Jeep. Don't rush or you'll have regrets and wind up doing it twice.

2008 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 3"BDS, 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Mickey Thompson Sidebiters, Bushwacker Flat Flares, Smittybilt XRC Modular Bumper
EDGEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
switters88

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEY View Post
My advice - read, read, research, read, read, read some more. Fill in your profile, and let everyone know what your intent is with the Jeep. Don't rush or you'll have regrets and wind up doing it twice.
I've been looking over the forums over the last few days and reviews online for different lifts for the JK. There's so much information online and I want to know I'm making that right choice.

My main intent is to lift the Jeep (2012 JK Unlimited Sport) a couple of inches but I don't need it to climb crazy mountains (at least not right now).
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

First question...why do you want to lift it? Unless you're after a 35 inch tire or a dedicated rock climber, there's no need to lift the JK.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

This thread needs to be closed or removed. There are two of them.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

research. a few days won't get you what you want. some of us researched for months along with off roading experience before making decisions. you need to know what your after, what you actually need, and price limit. then make your decision
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
switters88

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
research. a few days won't get you what you want. some of us researched for months along with off roading experience before making decisions. you need to know what your after, what you actually need, and price limit. then make your decision
Great advice. I think I'll keep up with the research and maybe go up the nearest 4wheelparts
1986 CJ-7 (sold)
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by switters88 View Post
Great advice. I think I'll keep up with the research and maybe go up the nearest 4wheelparts
No no, lol. You are in the Denver area. There are better places around, or my favorite - Call Jason from Krawl Offroad!
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by switters88 View Post
I've been looking over the forums over the last few days and reviews online for different lifts for the JK. There's so much information online and I want to know I'm making that right choice.

My main intent is to lift the Jeep (2012 JK Unlimited Sport) a couple of inches but I don't need it to climb crazy mountains (at least not right now).
Read more, research more, and check out different pictures of Jeeps and find out what you like. A budget boost sounds like it would be perfect for what you're looking for. But please read and research before you post yet another lift thread....and there are a ton of vendors who are going to be willing to help or give you information for what you need.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
No no, lol. You are in the Denver area. There are better places around, or my favorite - Call Jason from Krawl Offroad!
jason is easily the best customer handler ive ever contacted, i try to order everything i can through him
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
switters88

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
I'll give Jason a call. Thanks fellas for the help!
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
livindadream
2009 JK Wrangler 

I had a 4" zone lift with nitro shocks installed.No problems what so ever.
The lift has been on for 2 years,now im am looking into larger tires 33s or 35s
livindadream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

^^are you starting a new post? What relevance does it have to the op's question? Or are you asking an new question about tires?

To the op (original poster) If you posted the same question on other forums I can see why you are having problems getting information. We need a little more info then the fact you just want a lift.

What size tires are you planning on running? (lifts are need for tire clearance. Little is gained from a lift if not to fit bigger tires)
What are you planning on doing with your jeep? (trips to the mall to impress the ignorant require far less then a rubicon trail runner)
Fill out your profile so we know what you have currently. (when you change one thing on a jeep it leads to requiring something else)
What is your budget? (budget boost or triple threat throw down?)
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
switters88

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
^^are you starting a new post? What relevance does it have to the op's question? Or are you asking an new question about tires?

To the op (original poster) If you posted the same question on other forums I can see why you are having problems getting information. We need a little more info then the fact you just want a lift.

What size tires are you planning on running? (lifts are need for tire clearance. Little is gained from a lift if not to fit bigger tires)
What are you planning on doing with your jeep? (trips to the mall to impress the ignorant require far less then a rubicon trail runner)
Fill out your profile so we know what you have currently. (when you change one thing on a jeep it leads to requiring something else)
What is your budget? (budget boost or triple threat throw down?)
I was looking at a 2" spacer lift and putting on some 35's. I'm not looking at any serious off roading as this is my DD. I really just want it to look beefy with a possibility of hitting some trails in the future.

I'm really new to the internet forums and was in need for some direction for my '12 JKU Sport.
1986 CJ-7 (sold)
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

A 2" spacer lift or BB sounds like just what you are looking for. I would make sure they kits you are looking at minimum give you new rear sway bar links for the rear and relocate the factory rear links to the front. If you are going to take it off road you will want some shock extensions or longer shocks as well as relocating the brake lines down a couple of inches to handle the extra droop.

Tags
body lift , colorado , jk , lift , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.