JK heater controls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK heater controls

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Raspy
2013 JK Wrangler 

JK heater controls

My heater controls have a mind of their own. Can't get heat to the floor or defrost without a lot of fiddling, little control over temp, always wants to blow through the dash vents.

Are any of you guys having proplems with this? What's up?

Raspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mine is not as bad as you describe, but it is definitely a little bit weird.

Mine randomly switches modes, or changes fan speed. But it does it so infrequent I can't get it to reproduce at the dealership.
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

You have the auto or manual controls?
Neo1130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I need to turn the fan off before I switch modes. See if that helps??

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

Same here.. didn't really notice during the summer months.. but now that it's cooler, I'll notice that it would blow cold air when it should be "warm" (Jeep was turned off for a few minutes--already warmed up). I noticed I have to turn the auto control knob to cold, then back to where it was for it to be warm again. This doesn't happen all the time, but will most likely happen if I leave the "air" on when turning the Jeep off. It has not happened to me if I remember to turn the fan off before turning the Jeep off (but then... what's the point of having remote start?)

*edit: as far as "direction/mode", that part hasn't happened to me as of yet...
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.