JK hardtop straps!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK hardtop straps!!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

JK hardtop straps!!!

Ok so my friend bought a used 2010 JK unlimited. Unfortunately the previous owner seems to have misplaced all of the straps that came with the Jeep. We found the bag for the front two pieces of the hardtop to store in and I think there are straps for it to attach to the rear seats??

Can someone please show me what those straps look like and how should one attach the hard top bag to the back of the rear seats?

Thanks

TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's one long strap that resembles the straps I have for my sleeping bag/backpack.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
It's one long strap that resembles the straps I have for my sleeping bag/backpack.
That would be great if I knew you or know what your sleeping bag/backpack looked like

Can you post some photos of the straps and how the bag is supposed to be attached please
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

It's tbhe strap that you attach a sleeping bag to a back pack, pretty generic, but I'll snap some pics and gegt some measurements when I get home tonight.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
InDurango

I just measured mine for ya, its 1inch nylon strap 70 inches long. If it were 6 inches longer it would be easier to use.
InDurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Bricetrine
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDurango View Post
I just measured mine for ya, its 1inch nylon strap 70 inches long. If it were 6 inches longer it would be easier to use.
No kidding... It's way too short, so I made my own.
Bricetrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
rwunsche

And at the bottom there is one clip that attaches to one of the child seat latch connectors at the base of the rear seat.
rwunsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwunsche View Post
And at the bottom there is one clip that attaches to one of the child seat latch connectors at the base of the rear seat.
Now I have to check and see if I have that.

is it attached to the bag?
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #9
InDurango

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwunsche View Post
Mine bag has 2 clips for both of those seat connectors.
InDurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Would someone please post some photos
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
ls6tt
2010 JK Wrangler 

buy some of this

Polyester Webbing at Strapworks.com

then buy one of these

Single Adjust Side Release Buckles

youll figure it out pretty quick on what to do, but if not here are some pictures

Double D-Ring Belts in various sizes and colors at Strapworks.com. Good Indoor and Outdoor.

run the webbing through the eyelets on the bag and around the neck of the headrests (the metal leggy things)
ls6tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here you go.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75668.pdf

FWIW, I never tie the bag to the back seat. The bag with the tops in it goes flat on the cargo area floor. That way I don't lose any of the precious cargo space in my Jeep.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #13
rwunsche

Hmm... I knew there were supposed to be two clips on the bottom, but I swear mine only had one. Maybe they cheapened it for 2011? I'll have to check it when I go home. Maybe I'm just blind.

jstrubberg: I don't understand what you said at all. To me, strapping the bag upright behind the rear seats is by far the most efficient way to use your cargo space. Laying it down takes up the whole area.
rwunsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

When you lay it down, you can easily lay things on top of the bag. The tops are more than sturdy enough for that and fill the cargo space to create sort of a raised floor.

If you strap the bag to the back of the seat, you lose the width of the bag from the cargo area completely. In a four door this is annoying, in a two door it's ALL of your cargo space gone.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrubberg View Post
Here you go.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/75668.pdf

FWIW, I never tie the bag to the back seat. The bag with the tops in it goes flat on the cargo area floor. That way I don't lose any of the precious cargo space in my Jeep.
That's it??? I thought there was more to it... I think I can come up with something better

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.