JK Half doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Half doors

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 01-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
BobbySwiz
2009 JK Wrangler 

JK Half doors

I know there has been topics about half doors on here before..but I'm on a mobile device and searching stinks so you get the picture....

I want half doors more then anything for my JK...but, everywhere I look, I end up coming to a website that wants 2,000 bucks for them? Are you kidding me? Has anyone else gotten them a different way?

Unread 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySwiz View Post
I know there has been topics about half doors on here before..but I'm on a mobile device and searching stinks so you get the picture....

I want half doors more then anything for my JK...but, everywhere I look, I end up coming to a website that wants 2,000 bucks for them? Are you kidding me? Has anyone else gotten them a different way?
A grinder and balls of steel. No seriously though, would tube doors not suffice?

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

There is not a lot of aftermarket manufacturing going on for the JK. There have been posts on other forums to get vendors to make the slider uppers for us with half doors. No joy. Same with the half doors. There is not a lot out there yet. Will that change? I reckon time will tell.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

The cost of factory half doors had me looking in other directions. I run Bestop's element doors, they're pretty awesome.

image-2855478028.jpg

Just the lowers pictured here, but they come with a set if uppers and lowers for about $500 (I think)

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Alaska-HWY JK

I have the Rugged Ridge half doors. Seriously look at a set before bucking up for them though. Half doors are great but the quality and fit of these just isn't there. Factory ones come up on some of the forums once in a while. You may have to paint them your color but that would be the way to go.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Factory half doors including the uppers and trim (note that factory half doors needs hardware such as handles, mirrors, etc.) cost well over $4000 at my local dealer. That's for a four-door. And I don't believe that's painted, either.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySwiz View Post

There is the kit where you assemble and paint them yourself, might be a little bit cheaper.

Once in a while somebody on some forum somewhere will decide they hate the half doors and wants to trade for fulls.

other than that, salvage yards or grand larceny.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
There is not a lot of aftermarket manufacturing going on for the JK. There have been posts on other forums to get vendors to make the slider uppers for us with half doors. No joy. Same with the half doors. There is not a lot out there yet. Will that change? I reckon time will tell.

Bob K.
Q-tec has something that looks like a slider-upper....

Mopar 1HG23SX9AF
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet View Post
There is the kit where you assemble and paint them yourself, might be a little bit cheaper.
That is how Mopar sells them, unpainted with no handles or mirrors. I actually believe they don't include the interior trim panel either.

Sadly there is little in the way of actual half door. Most common would be tube doors with either fabric or a steel plate that attaches to them. Fit isn't perfect but it gives the function.

Bestop even makes a fabric half door with matched upper slider.

the Highrock 4x4 elements door is a tube door that has accessories such as a mirror, metal panel for the lower, matched uppers. The door is very modular with several accessories to get the function you want.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
TeraFlex
2012 JK Wrangler 

Strike Force Zebra makes a nice set of half doors. 4 doors for $1250.
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post

I hate my Jeep. Makes me spend so much money. I'll have to add those to my 'things to do in my garage when my wife is out of town' list. She might notice these though....
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
DeVo24
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't fully thought it out but I'm thinking of making a set in the next few months. They'll basically be a tube door with sheet metal wrapped around them and plastidipped. I'll do a thread when I do them.
DeVo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^ I was thinking the same myself, break out the ol' mig!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
MCMike37
Random Guy

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar11d2 View Post

I hate my Jeep. Makes me spend so much money. I'll have to add those to my 'things to do in my garage when my wife is out of town' list. She might notice these though....

These are now at the top of my list unless I find a killer deal on stock half doors. Just waiting to see what the upper design will be like.
MCMike37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
I saw these at a show, they're really nice. Not sure if I like that the outer is made of plastic. Not sure how they would handle a rock hit.

I'm probably going to get the Bestop Element doors and buy the skin that makes them into a half door.

This is one area where having a 4 door sucks because it doubles the price of the doors.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.