JK exhaust Magnaflow do it your self!! LESS THAN $100 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK exhaust Magnaflow do it your self!! LESS THAN $100

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #16
zmdiekel
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey, This seems like a great idea. which is louder between a flowmaster and a magnaflow? I like the deep sound to both of them but when you hear them on youtube you don't get a sense of how loud it is. And another thing, where did you cut the stock muffler off? right where the exhaust meets the stock muffler or before the exhaust bends up over the axle? It'll probably be louder with the more pipe you leave after the new exhaust right? Thanks

zmdiekel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #17
surfinstro
2008 JK Wrangler 

Is it that important to relocate the heat shield?
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

A few questions:

1. Where did you relocate your tip? (It's probably in the video, but I can't see the video at work).

2. Have you noticed any increased heat in the floor above the muffler since you haven't put in a heat shield?

3. Does it look like the muffler needs a skid plate?
Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #19
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Trash View Post
A few questions:

1. Where did you relocate your tip? (It's probably in the video, but I can't see the video at work).

2. Have you noticed any increased heat in the floor above the muffler since you haven't put in a heat shield?

3. Does it look like the muffler needs a skid plate?
All I did was remove the rear stock exhaust which looks like a dumped exhaust, works pretty nice....

I cut a section of exhaust right between the driver seat and rear seat...

as for skid doesnt look like i need one it sit near flush with frame and body so it couldnt be damaged if something slips up there but so far so good for me!

Also heat I cant tell a difference all though its closer to the rear seat, it way be hot but dont know.... I run carpet-less and it doesnt bother me
jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmdiekel View Post
Hey, This seems like a great idea. which is louder between a flowmaster and a magnaflow? I like the deep sound to both of them but when you hear them on youtube you don't get a sense of how loud it is. And another thing, where did you cut the stock muffler off? right where the exhaust meets the stock muffler or before the exhaust bends up over the axle? It'll probably be louder with the more pipe you leave after the new exhaust right? Thanks
Sound comparison is tough to get.. i ran no exhaust for a bit it was loud!! and putting the magnaflow made it very bearable and a real nice sound!! also I didnt cut the rear exhaust area, just removed the stock muffler.
Unread 08-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
MADGpr
2008 JK Wrangler 

What was the part/model number for the muffler? I was looking online and saw several. Didn't know if there was one that was specific or not.
Unread 08-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

No sure don't main thing is the pipe diameter the one I got is spot on slips right over the exhaust pipe all u got to do is clamp it! Hope it helps!
Unread 08-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
surfinstro
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeepbronco1 is the man!!
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #24
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

So I am going to assume you have your exhaust dumping right out the muffler in front of the rear axle , underneath the Jeep. There has to be a reason NO manufacturer does this. Even MBRP extends the tip to the rear of the Jeep when they relocate the muffler to the same location you have. Why would they go to the expense if it wasn't needed (unless it's to get the noise further away from the occupants)?

Not dissing your exhaust, just trying to figure out any hazards before I do it.

edit: I don't have my brain with me today. It just occurred to me that you probably cut a section out of the exhaust to put the muffler in. For some reason I was thinking you removed the entire rear half of the exhaust. I just went back and re-read your OP and it even says you cut a 15" section out. I need either more coffee or a beer.....maybe both.
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #25
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_Trash View Post
So I am going to assume you have your exhaust dumping right out the muffler in front of the rear axle , underneath the Jeep. There has to be a reason NO manufacturer does this. Even MBRP extends the tip to the rear of the Jeep when they relocate the muffler to the same location you have. Why would they go to the expense if it wasn't needed (unless it's to get the noise further away from the occupants)?

Not dissing your exhaust, just trying to figure out any hazards before I do it.

edit: I don't have my brain with me today. It just occurred to me that you probably cut a section out of the exhaust to put the muffler in. For some reason I was thinking you removed the entire rear half of the exhaust.
I would imagine the reaon for having the tip coming out all the way to the rear would be to prevent fumes from entering the vehicle.
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
Scooter_Trash
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
I would imagine the reaon for having the tip coming out all the way to the rear would be to prevent fumes from entering the vehicle.
You are correct. I've already established I'm not thinking clearly today. I think the fumes are getting to me. lol
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #27
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

glad its all coming together!!! sorry there would have been more pics, but I ran over the camera it months ago!!! But everyone is now on the same page!!! Basically its identical to the MBRP style just a fraction of the price!!!
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinstro View Post
Jeepbronco1 is the man!!
Thanks bro ! glad I could help
Unread 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
AlanZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Does yours exit under the body? In PA it's gotta go outta the passenger compartment. Don't wanna get into any issues..

Especially warranty

Sounds awesome though!
AlanZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #30
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

It exits passenger compartment but still located under the rear of the vehicle. If you go look under your jeep were your current exhaust is you will see a clamp were the muffler hooks to the exhaust.... thats were the exhaust now ends on my vehicle... so theres no cutting there... the only place cut is that section to insert the magnaflow or whatever exhaust one may want.... hope this helps

Tags
diy , exaust , JK Wrangler , relocation , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.