JK exhaust Magnaflow do it your self!! LESS THAN $100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK exhaust Magnaflow do it your self!! LESS THAN $100

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 10-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

JK exhaust Magnaflow do it your self!! LESS THAN $100

Just throwing this out there for any body wanting to go with aftermarket exhaust with out spending over a $100.00.

1st: bought a 6" round 14"long (total pipe to pipe 20") 2.5" diameter. EBAY round 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, I believe it was 69.00 shipped

2nd: bought 2.5" exhaust clamps(or you could weld) and exhaust pipe hanger metal... (which I would say not required but helps)

3rd: I cut a 15" piece of exhaust out! I did it with a grinder and cutting wheel, and I cut mine out from a section right between the front and rear door theres a perfect section between to cross members!!

4th: I slid the muffler pipe right over the exhaust pipe (its a perfect fit, little gap but snugged up great, no adapters needed!!!) Then torqued it down and put some exhaust straps just in case.

OVERALL: its cheap and easy, took me less than and hour. It sounds great I was running no exhaust which was loud as all get out. This worked perfect its sounds tuf not overwhelming loud, for people wondering how it sounded before and after here are two clips one with no exhaust and the other with magnaflow!!! Also for yall wondering how it sounds from inside its mellow, you can hear your exhaust , but if your running 35" mud terrains they are louder from inside than the sound of your exhaust.

YouTube - 2007 jeep jk exhaust NO EXHAUST
YouTube - 2007 Jeep JK magnaflow 6" round exhaust MAGNAFLOW

Hope this can help anyone wanting exhaust but not wanting to pay BIG MONEY$$$

jeepbronco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
Metaloholic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thats a good cheap mod, I think it sounds mean without any exhaust
Metaloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

It sounds mean no exhaust but it is so loud(i mean terribly loud), and makes the jeep sound like a rice burner car!!!
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
surfinstro
2008 JK Wrangler 

Maybe I'm not reading this incorrectly. You installed the muffler in the middle of the exhaust. right behind the Cat and in front of the stock muffler?!
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

removed stock muffler.... its identical setup to this MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - Snowmobile, Diesel, Muscle Car, Exotic, Motorcycle and Sport Truck Exhaust Systems. .... only difference is it cost me 85.00 compared to 370.00... I might of worded it odd but if you look at the last paragraph it says I was running no stock muffler.. hope this help if that was confusing
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
surfinstro
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh, my mistake Bro. I'm going on Ebay now to find the muffler!
Did you notice a performance increase?
Thanks
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would say a little not holy crap power but better, and sound alone sounds great, I believe they only cost 69.00 shipped, and they have a 4" round one but not sure how it would sound!
Unread 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
3kids3jeeps
2008 JK Wrangler 

As far as budget builds I believe you've struck gold. Youtube video's were great. Definitely the route I am gonna take. Do you think the same type of swap would work on a flowmaster/slp/borla setup?
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #9
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think the flowmaster hush power would work perfect, as for Borla I'm not sure. Really any exhaust will probably work I would just make sure it fits between the 2 crossmember ( it allows a bigger space), I think I measured btween the to coss members and it was 17 inches so any muffler in that range should work... I would also look at the pipe inlets I would make sure they are on one side and not cati-cornered... But I prefer the round it's easy it fits perfect and has a great growl!! Good luck glad this helped!! I'm always on budget build mode!!
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #10
surfinstro
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm always on budget build mode!!
I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

i don't really hear much in the second youtube vid...

but the first vid you had NO exhaust, not the oem exhaust correct?
dirtyjpwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #12
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thats correct no exhaust in the first VID, just straight pipe, but trust me you can here the magnaflow its a smooth growl and by no means overwhelming,
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #13
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

also if you listen to your stock exhaust muffler compared to the magna flow its a huge difference. I never could even tell if the motor was running at stand still, and I have a 6 speed and I still couldnt tell when giving it gas to get the thing moving!!!
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
Steve98
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you think about moving the heat shield from its stock location to where your magnaflow is? Is your Evap canister still in the stock location? Looks and sounds good.
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
jeepbronco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

No to both, I never thought about using the heat shield but I supose you could! Evap canister I haven't moved yet! One day! The reason I did this exhaust is I built a custom toolbox in the bed of the jeep were the little dent in the back ( they call a storage box) is. Plus increase performance.I'm gonna do custom budget intake soon I'll post it when I complete it!

Tags
diy , exaust , JK Wrangler , relocation , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.